New general topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Compos...4934161&sr=8-2

There you go...that´s the standard to get into comping and theory...at least it WAS when i got into it. Anyways....sure there are some tricks and specialities here and there. But in general i am with Chris there...you need to learn the basics of comping. And comping is a field just as broad and complex as 3d itself. It wont be possible to write Tutorials beyond specific cases wich on the other hand would most likely have to be stripped down to some extend as we´re talking about internal and partially not meant for the public things. That´s not cause we hate you, but we have to feed mouths and there´s no way around that sadly i´n afraid.

But i DO like the idea of a comping related category and am sure willing to participate there

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Thanks Thorsten, if it's good enough for you then it's good enough for me!

We're not trying to steal your secrects, honest.... well not all of them
      .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

I think these topics get brought up enough to merit it's own categorie, never hurts to add some organization in the name of usefulness. There are a lot of topics on comping scattered around would be good to put them all together.

Not sure why anyone would be against it...
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

People are getting more and more lighting savvy, and the demand for photorealism is very high. It is only natural the compositing become an issue. I think it is natural that people want to learn it, but may not realize how big a subject it is. I would encourage people to learn it. Instead of my bus analogy think of this way. Imagine a person that knows nothing about 3D at all, and they come to you and say they want to learn Vray. You would tell them that they need to learn the basics of 3D first right?

Comment

I'm not sure if compositing is anywhere near as large an area as vray seeing as most of the people on this forum will be dealing with post processing and integration more than anything else - it's more a case of dealing with the vray render passes and learning how to see a picture for the purpose of comping into it imo. You're right if someone is asking how to learn to be a compositor here, it's a much larger area than what we'll be dealing with.

Comment

plus don't post anything else seeing as you have l33t posts at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                People are getting more and more lighting savvy, and the demand for photorealism is very high. It is only natural the compositing become an issue. I think it is natural that people want to learn it, but may not realize how big a subject it is. I would encourage people to learn it. Instead of my bus analogy think of this way. Imagine a person that knows nothing about 3D at all, and they come to you and say they want to learn Vray. You would tell them that they need to learn the basics of 3D first right?
                i totally agree!
                nevertheless...were just saying that a specific section would come ina hand...wouldn t it?
                Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                nuno@ene-digital.com
                00351 917593145

Comment

it's more a case of dealing with the vray render passes and learning how to see a picture for the purpose of comping into it imo.
                  Exactly! This is what i want anyway. I don't want to be a compositor; I want to learn how to use combustion with Vray render passes. I would assume I follow the instructions as they are with Max's render passes as Vray's are the same now? Correct?
                  rpc212
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Well I guess a "comping with Vray" section may be useful, but I think it may end up confusing a lot of people and raising more questions about comping then anything. I can see your points.

Comment

I can't imagine many of us here not knowing some basics on comping, since rendering straight to a video file doesn't make much sense, making it necessary to open a compositor program such as Combustion, AE, Shake, or whatever. I guess that there is Video Post within Max, but who uses that any more?

With that said, I believe that being able to see the setting within my favorite comping program is invaluable. There are resources available to learn VRay now, and even full scenes from Evermotion and others to open up and study how it was done. As far as I've found, this doesn't exist yet for comping within Combustion yet. Digtlpete provided a Combustion file to check out in the 'Basic Comping of a Vray render' thread if anyone is interested.

I learned a lot from cpnichols DVD's on VRay.

Comment

yeah i think this is a good idea especially with the availibility of the sdk to make render element plugins like the multimatte.

Sure the topics raised will be application specific but you can interperate a lot between apps.
                        Chris Jackson
                        Shiftmedia
                        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                          I would look into these... Nuke IMHO, will be the future since Apple stopped supporting Shake.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/rne01.html
                          http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/rne02.html
                          Are you DD reseller ?

Best regards...

PS: Very good idea...
                          My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X