multimattematerial renderelement ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multimattematerial renderelement ?

My wish is "MultimatteElements" to be developed into "MultimatteMaterial".
    To have material selector as is in "VrayMtlSelect" instead of "R(G,B) gbufID". It would alow us to render materials AND submaterials by same RGB masking manner.
    MultimatteElements works on per object level and I have to break subobject matID's into separate objects to assing GbuffIDis.

If not possible it would be great to have similar option in "VrayMtlSelect" at least. For example checker to render pointed material into pure white with CORRECT filtering so to be usable as mask in PS.

Is there any practical use of "VrayMtlSelect" ? And if yes how are you using it?

Thanks

You can check the "MatID" box at the bottom of the MultiMatte parameters to enable it to work on material id's rather than object id's. Works just fine with multi/sub-objects materials.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

dlparisi,
      Sure it works...but not on my mashine

Can you be more specific about the objects and materials setup because I didn't succeed to get any results.
      And especially, how to set a specific matID from specific MultiSO material to be rendered as mask in final render pass.

can you send me a simple max file to see how at gtn@artrenders.com

thanks in advance.

ps. I have problems to get any results with "VRayMtlID" too. How it works.
      Last edited by kalografik; 22-11-2007, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kalografik View Post
        And especially, how to set a specific matID from specific MultiSO material to be rendered as mask in final render pass.
        in the mat editor, just to the left of the "show map in viewport" toggle, there's a tiny numer ("material ID channel"). default is 0, you can set it to any value that matches the multimatte IDs.

same goes for the vraymtlid, it works once you assign any number other than 0 to your materials.

Comment

hi guys,
          all works fine now. It's my ignorance about the matID channel and SOobject's matID
          thank you very much.

Comment

any suggestion for improving mask filtering produced with multimatte renderelement?

I tried to increase adaptive DMC sampling but there is more haloes on edges compared to masks produced with the regular workflow using selfiluminated materials.

thanks

Comment

Hi,
              if you use adaptive subdivision and check the Object outline checkbox, you should get clean edges.

Dieter
              --------
              visit my developer blog

Comment

Thanks Dimo

Comment

Working...
                X