Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cache Render/Pause

Hi,

I read the older threads on pausing a render. I am wondering if there is any plan to make this happen in Vray. It is very useful for small studios. For example if you have a render that is expected to take 16 hours, you can run it overnight, pause it, use the workstation during the day, then continue the render the next night. I am aware of the method of lowering CPU affinity in task manager, but the pause I talk about would allow you to exit Max completely.

One way to do this would be to write out the render to disk as the calcualtions are done. FumeFX does this very nicely where you can pick up a simulation from where you left off. Maybe Vray could save the calcualtions for each bucket as it was completed?

This will also save a lot of pain during crashes. There is nothing worse than doing a 3 day render only to see it crash when there is 10% remaining.

Thanks!

if you are rendering something that require 3 days on a single frame its really
    huge ... it's still good to exit to free up ram for my case and do a region
    render later if that frame is worth keeping.
    Studio Max 2009 x64
    X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

Working...
    X