Individual Camera Res

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual Camera Res

I don't know if this has been discussed but having individual camera resolution settings would be great.

Originally posted by Sawyer View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed but having individual camera resolution settings would be great.

You can look at rpmanager... great tool...

www.rpmanager.com
    My Flickr

Comment

Do you mean lens/film gate presets? Like the max camera?

If so they would be handy
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

i think he means pixel render size on a per camera basis.
        WerT
        www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

You can use batch render for that, really.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

yeah I can and I do use batch render I just keep thinking it makes more sense to have it as an individual camera setting than a global. Its just how I think.

Comment

I kind of see Sawyer's point. Many times I have scenes where some cameras are set up for portrait format others for landscape. It's a pain to change the render settings to get the correct safe frame in the viewport everytime you change cameras. Perhaps the camera needs an aspect ratio setting?

This might be more of a Max withlist instead. But odds are the Chaos Group will solve the problem long before AutoDesk.

Comment

Originally posted by RErender View Post
                Do you mean lens/film gate presets? Like the max camera?

If so they would be handy
                The lens/film gate presets is probably the only thing I miss from the standard max cams when using the phys cam.

I use the batch render to override the camera resolutions, the only down side is that the viewport safe frames don't use the batch render resolution so one still has to be changing resolutions per camera while working to set up the different cameras.
                Last edited by rmejia; 22-03-2008, 07:51 AM.

Comment

PixelJockey's got it.
                  I also wish it would do that. I do think that's more of a max thing though. I wonder if Chaos can do that or not.
                  I would definitely like to see safe frames for each camera in the desired aspect ratio in the viewport all at the same time.

Many times I have different cameras for different ratios as well and I have to go change the resolution to preview what it should look like. Well, what if I'm trying to place the objects/cameras so that both shots work? It's hard to do because you have to keep flipping back and forth.

If chaos could do something I think that would be great, but i wouldn't be surprised if it's just not possible from their end without causing undesirable problems. I'm afraid this might just be one for Autodesk. So maybe we'll see results in 2018 or so.

Comment

rpmanager

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I didn't think rpmanager showed you a preview in the viewport in real-time. I thought it was just a more advance batch render tool created using max scripts and photoshop scripts. I thought it was all stuff you could do yourself, but it made it more of a batch process and "simpler"

Comment

You can do it yourself, just need to load a different render preset common tab, easy to script and quick too...
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

just to make sure....
                          Am I correct in thinking there is no way to camera match an image where the photographer messed around with the camera back angle and position?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewjohn81 View Post
                            I didn't think rpmanager showed you a preview in the viewport in real-time. I thought it was just a more advance batch render tool created using max scripts and photoshop scripts. I thought it was all stuff you could do yourself, but it made it more of a batch process and "simpler"
                            well.... rpmanager lets you store specific aspect ratios per camera, in the layer pass. As long as you have show safe frames in the the current viewport, when you click through your different passes, it will automatically update your current view to change camera and aspect ratio. I assumed that's what you want.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

not quite what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for something that will show safe from for whatever camera is selected, not whatever rendering preset is selected.

I'd like to see both cameras safe frames at the same time while working so I can see what is in/out of frame and how it looks in the shot.

Something like rpmanager seems like the sort of setup I might do closer to rendertime just before submitting. it has it's place, although way too expensive for what our workflow, but it doesn't seem to be something I would use in the middle of a process much.

Comment

Working...
                              X