X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayIES WishList

hi, some request:

(*). Affect specular/reflection option

(*). When i load the IES file, and after i want to change it, when i click on IES buttom the directory is on 3ds max file, not in the IES file directory.

(*). Non simmetrical IES has not correct viewport icon rappresentation.

(*). IES power is lumen (not indicated), but is usefull an option to convert this, like in 3ds max

(*). A multiplier like 3ds max photometric lights.

(*). When i select the blu line from source to targhet i want to select all light, not only the source. Same in the VRaySun.

(*). When I change the VRayIES name, the targhet should change, like 3ds max Standard Lights. In SP2 the targhet's name is indipendent from source.

ADD by jujubee

(*). IESviewer incorporated into the rollout.

Thank's

cecofuli
    Last edited by cecofuli; 04-05-2008, 02:03 PM.
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

This is an added/additional wish, but it would be great to have an IES previwer such as IESviewer incorporated into the rollout.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Hi

another request for VRay IES:

(*). When I change the VRayIES name, the targhet
      should change, like 3ds max Standard Lights. In SP2 the targhet's name is indipendent from source.

thank's

cecofuli

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

This list contains pretty much everything I could wish for in the IES lights Hope these wishes can be added to the them, even though I'm already enjoying them immensely! Thanks for adding IES in the first place!!

Comment

I have another one, maybe silly, but it's very cool to me, would it be to difficult to make the light the shape of the IES file? You know what I mean? Like those of MAX.
          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by cecofuli View Post
            Can you explain this one a little bit? Currently the IES viewport icon is independent of the loaded IES file, if this is what you mean.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado, thanks for your interest

For now, as you say, the VRayIES icon is indipendent from IES file source. And I like the 3ds max IES icon rappresentation. On preview, the IES tipe (linear, spherical etc..) is already show in viewport. And, if the IES source is asimmetrical, the icon is asimmetrical as well. This is what i mean.

Bye

cecofuli

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Yes, the icon itself looks about the same as the IES data (in IES viewer). It would be cool if vray had the same. Easier to tell apart different light sources.
                www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

A max distorted sphere like isosurface display of the ies data would be just fine imo, if, and this is the important part, if it can be scaled individually for the lights, and maybe with a function to change sampling value to generate the isosurface.

Otherwise, VRay IES kicks ass. We're nearing the completion of a larger project where more than five thousand of those IES lights were used to create facade and site lighting. The results are stunning compared to the IES implementation we had with the MAX one. We just kept adding more and more lights to the scene and couldn't really believe how little it affected render times.

Best regards,
                  A.
                  credit for avatar goes here

Comment

when i was beta testing SP2 i didnt think vray ies was anything special when i was compairing just 1 light. but when i multiplied by 1000 i was blown away. plus if the data contains info for it your vray ies will have soft shadows based on the ies info where as with max ies when you select vray shadow you have to turn on soft shadows and then kinda guess the size. vray ies will give exact soft shadows at a fraction of the time

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Some ies files are off angle compared to the targeted axis, you need something like the isosphere of a standard light to see where to point it.
                      Dusan Bosnjak
                      http://www.dusanbosnjak.com/

Comment

vrayies soft shadows?

Is it possible to get soft shadows from a vrayies light? or if, as Da_elf suggests its dependent on the web file, is there any way to override it like you can with normal max photometric lights?

The attached image is an example of a situation where the shadows seem to have too hard an edge.
                        Attached Files
                        www.peterguthrie.net
                        www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                        www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Originally posted by cecofuli View Post
                          hi, some request:

(*). Affect specular/reflection option

(*). When i load the IES file, and after i want to change it, when i click on IES buttom the directory is on 3ds max file, not in the IES file directory.

(*). IES power is lumen (not indicated), but is usefull an option to convert this, like in 3ds max

(*). A multiplier like 3ds max photometric lights.

(*). When i select the blu line from source to targhet i want to select all light, not only the source. Same in the VRaySun.

(*). When I change the VRayIES name, the targhet should change, like 3ds max Standard Lights. In SP2 the targhet's name is indipendent from source.

ADD by jujubee

(*). IESviewer incorporated into the rollout.

Thank's

cecofuli
                          Yeah, reloading the IES from the project file directory is a bit of a drag...speaking of which, I tried 'dragging and dropping' from Explorer, but that doesn't work either...that would be nice as well. Overall though, LOVE the IES!

Comment

Working...
                          X