per object or per material GI caustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• per object or per material GI caustics

wish: an option in material or per object to turn GI caustics on or off.

for example big metal plate with small metal parts around it. I turn on GI caustics (reflective) but then also all the small parts generate reflection GI caustics which gives stupid look and longer rendertime. You can turn of send GI for the small objects but this is not correct.

Regards,

flipside

(I know it's some finalrender stuff but it's really usefull)
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

System>Objects settings. VRay Mat'l wrapper. you can use these, if I understand you right.

Comment

No these are local send and recieve GI values, they control how much each object/material contribute to the GI solution. What I mean are local 'gi-caustics', these can only be set globally in the irradiance map parameters.

Of course by disabeling send GI of an object, this also means that that object will not be able to generate gi-caustics. But what I want is an object that generates GI but does not generate gi-caustics, while other objects in the scene do generate GI and gi-caustics.

few I know, I'm being a perfectionist here...

regards,

flipside
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

in VRay Advanced there are per object (local) Caustics, what one are you using?

Comment

Yeah local direct caustics that is, but not local GI caustics, these are 2 different things.

Comment

sorry, I assumed that these would be one in the same

Comment

Working...
            X