Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an improved Bake3D utility

Hi!

I was very glad when I started playing with VRay, and discovered it's Bake3D utility.

I've been using 3ds max 5 Render to Textures (RTT) feature quite a lot, in conjuction with Radiosity, for texture baking. Although Radiosity can do a fine job, I prefer VRay as a rendering engine.

However, I must say that I find RTT a bit more complete than Bake3D. I guess, for what I read somewhere, that Bake3D wasn't originally conceived to play a role like RTT does; but I also think that Bake3D could become a nice/better texture baking tool.

Having RTT in mind, here are a few things I wish I could see implemented:
    - the ability to render specific elements, like Diffuse, Specular, Lighting, Shadow, etc;
    - a feature similar to RTT's "Edge Padding", allowing the user to chose the width, in pixels, of the padding;
    - per object settings, that make it possible to specify different texture dimensions for different objects;
    - a way of chosing the texture's output format (.bmp, .jpg, .png, .tga, etc);
    - a "Browse" button, to specify the texture's output path in a more interactive way.

That's basically it!...

Thanks!
    Luis

I agree Luis.

Please Vlado/Peter, revise Bake3D to include more functionality and better UVW Unwrapping.

Everyone dreams of creating animations with 2 sec per frame render times. Bake3D could be such a powerful tool. Particular for VR applications.

Thanks. You guys are legends.

SunnyC

Comment

Working...
    X