I Wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wish

I Wish People with Ilegal copies of vray would not come to this forum and moan about shit .........."it flickers"....... "i cant get rid of the banding"ect,ect.

i wish this Forum could be kept private to Genuine people with Genuine copies of Vray.
    perhaps when you bye vray, you get a login and password if you want it,to this forum and the same when you download the free version.
    so that would stop the Leechers.

Natty.......
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

yes, we need official user logos back. But I know they are working on this, and more features to make this place better for the legal users.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

I'm all for the return of the official user logo's, but I would hate to see this forum close its doors to non-vray owners. I think we'd be in danger of become one of those elitist 'exclusive' forums who flame anyone who dare mention a rival product, or voice a differing opinion.

This forum was a major part of my decision to buy vray, and i suspect i'm not alone in that. Part of its appeal is that anyone can contribute. And I don't beleive its only official vray users who make worthwhile contributions.

Plus, why would we want to prevent 'outsiders' from seeing some of the great work in the image uploads section?

I don't see this forum flooded by repetitive idiot level questions. The majority of posts here are usually pretty informative, friendly, and willing to expand the vray knowledge base. I think all this helps expand the vray user base. The fact that there are people on this forum who use or have switched from rival renderers to vray testifies to this.

This is one of the most friendly and informative forums i've had the pleasure of participating in. And long may it continue this way. For both official users and other.

Comment

We will probably keep the forum available for anyone to read, but posting in some areas will be limited to registered users only.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great, this board sounds like it's going to go communist dictator control soon.
          5 years and counting.

Comment

i've been lurking in these forums for a while, and started posting recently (have used vray free and demo) because I'm trying to learn how to use vray so I can convince my boss to purchase it. there really is a lack of good tutorial/training material out there, and the manual is missing a lot of information

Comment

why kind of information are you after Dynedain? If it's in any of the stuff that I tend to work in, I could try and sit down and write a tutorial or something along those lines.

Just gotta ask mate. (so long as we're free to, that is)
              5 years and counting.

Comment

EVERYTHING

most important to me (right now on this current project) is optimizing the speed w/out sacrificing too much quality....but i am currently using almost every feature in vray- i'm just trying to work my way through finding the best ways to do everyting...these forums have been a huge help in terms of reference, sample materials, settings, etc.

Comment

As long as there is no proper documentation for VRay available (which is BTW something that I really don't understand in case of a product like VRay), it is not a good idea to restrict this forum in any way.
                  Not everybody can or is willing to spend hours every day merely experimenting, as the professional users do. So using this forum is a natural solution.
                  That's why I don't think that any of the currently existing sections of this forum should be accessible only to registered users - ALL sections here are very important to ANY user equally: registered or unregistered. Because important information is shared in all of them.

Comment

I didn't say there isn't going to be any documentation

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                      I didn't say there isn't going to be any documentation

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Well, that's a good news then
                      But still, this forum is great the way it is....

Comment

Working...
                      X