Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Store with Irradiance Map - only when IR on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store with Irradiance Map - only when IR on!

I was trying to work out for ages why my VrayLight wasn't working, then slapped myself over the head when I realised "store with irrmap" was on, but was off in the render settings and thus the light wasn't showing up! Could it be "smarter", so that it reverts to brute-force when irrmap is off?

Yes, I have it on the "to do" list somewhere...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado, good to meet you at EUE last week. I hope you didn't mind that I had no VRay problems to ask you about...

Is this still on the to do list or has it been abandoned for some reason? I have always wanted this feature, but now really need it for the project I am working on.

I am working on a large animation project that is broken down into xref scenes for areas that each contain lights. These are referenced by a lightweight render file that I use to submit sequences and stills to backburner. The sequences are using the IR map and the stills use brute force. The problem is I need to keep the lights in the respective xrefs so cannot access their properties in my render file to set/unset the store with IR map option as required. Can anyone suggest a workaround, that doesn't involve moving the lights to the render file?
      Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
      Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Working...
      X