vray spherefade variation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray spherefade variation

so the workflow with the spherefade technique is a little complicated.. i propose another trick that might be possible.

using the same gizmo, instead of only rendering what is inside the sphere, it simply switches to brute force gi inside, with some kind of overlap in the fallof radius. that way you can render in one pass, with a precalculated imap for the majority of the scene and perframe gi only on the area within the gizmo... sound possible? useful?

something like this would also be useful on my current still image job.. if i could use, say a box or cylinder gizmo to define an area in which brute force would be used, i could correct the gi errors i have on *and around* a particular object. detail enhancement doesnt cut it, as its a very thin object that ao barely sees, whatever i set the radius to.

Comment

You can always untick materials "use irradiance" option to override bruteforce gi for needed objects.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150S...ial_params.htm

Check the options part -> use irradiance
      Lasse Kilpia
      VFX Artist
      Post Control Helsinki

Comment

yes i use this option often, which is why i highlighted *and around* since that option will clean the object, but not the gi errors around it on the wall..i could apply to the wall too, or cut part of the wall and apply but this introduces high rendertimes or likely obvious edges where the lighting changes.

also, my suggestion would be extremely useful for animated objects, just as the spherefade option is now, but without all the complicated comping work and multiple passes.

Comment

aah, now I understand that "and around" thing. In that kind of case I agree, it could be very useful.
          Lasse Kilpia
          VFX Artist
          Post Control Helsinki

Comment

vlado is this something remotely possible? i think it would be a very powerful addition for animated objects, and another good tool to optimise still rendering. it would be similar to detail enhancement, but controlled by a gizmo with falloff rather than an ao calculation.

Comment

Working...
            X