LightSelect speration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightSelect speration

while I'm enjoying LightSelect I would prefer if it could have separate specular, reflection and direct for each of the lights, sometimes I miss that amount of control

are there any plans for that?

This feature is already available in maya, the VrayLightSelect element has different modes supporting Normal, Raw, Diffuse, Specular. It seems there are alot of 3dsmax users that would also find this feature useful, any chance of getting it in the next update??
    Drew Wood-Davies
    Head Of Lighting & Look-Development | Method Studios | Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Too late for the next update, but it is definitely in the works.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey Vlado,

Any chance of getting this included in the next beta release (3dsmax) for Vray 3.0 or a nightly? We are currently using duplicated lights with diffuse & specular contribution toggled on & off to achieve this. This of course leads to increased render times, in some cases an additional 30-40%.
        Drew Wood-Davies

Comment

Originally posted by Druski View Post
          Any chance of getting this included in the next beta release (3dsmax) for Vray 3.0 or a nightly?
          For the next build, no - that ship has sailed already But we will add it in the 3.0 nightlies soon I hope.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Any progress on this feature for 3dsmax? We are about to start shot production on our next project and our render times would really benefit from it.
            Drew Wood-Davies

Comment

It is not implemented yet.
              We'll update this thread when we have it done.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Any update on this..... It's been 8 months since the last response.

It has the potential to drastically improve our render-times! 30-40% in some cases!

Surely others could also benefit from such an implementation?
                Drew Wood-Davies

Comment

Not yet unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Druski View Post
                    Any update on this..... It's been 8 months since the last response.
                    Other things keep coming up all the time; I'm determined to get to this soon.

Out of curiosity, how would this help you reduce render times (other than saving you from having to render several passes, of course)?

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

We are currently duplicating lights and toggling on/off their diffuse and specular contribution respectively. This results in 2 lights being used for each light source instead of 1, the main slowdown is the VrayDomeLight, but there are still savings to be made be using single lights per source.

Does this clarify how it would help us?
                      Drew Wood-Davies

Comment

This feature has been implemented and it will be available in the next official V-Ray for 3DSMax release.

Comment

That's great news Svetlozar!! will it be in the nightlys soon?

Comment

Originally posted by R2J2 View Post
                            That's great news Svetlozar!! will it be in the nightlys soon?
                            It's already there since a while.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Working...
                            X