an invisible to GI checkbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an invisible to GI checkbox

disabling generating in Vray properties make an object black for the GI of the surroundings. I need a controll to make it invisible for the GI-rays, so I can insert objects with no effect on the GI.
    Valentin

...forget Warp 9, engine-room please switch to Vray-speed...

you could do the Irr...calc then unhide the objects i guess.

Natty
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

But wouldn't it be much easier to just check a box, or some similar action once, instead of hiding-calculating-unhiding-rendering for each frame?

BTW, there is a setting that makes it possible to render somthing without it influencing the GI, but it also becomes absent from reflections also. Just uncheck "Visible to Reflection/Refraction" in the object's properties.

I still second the idea though, it would make skydomes much simpler to work with in VRay.
      Ben Steinert
      pb2ae.com

Comment

This is something that would have come in quite handy last night.. Where i was attempting to render out a matte pass for an object with heavy refraction (Water) without it refracting and reflecting the object that was occluding it for the pass..

Minor issue.. workaround was to render the refraction object itself, and the occluding object itself.. and combine the alphas in combustion..

But hey.. a Checkbox would be much more fun or an exclude box for Gi/Raytracing would work also..
        Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Working...
        X