Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytraycing improvments with Vray possible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raytraycing improvments with Vray possible ?

Hi

Some time ago in the General section there was a thread about a way to render a glas of wine the right way. the only solution to get the right refraction was, to remove the glass faces where it meets the wine. But what was about animated liquids with this solution ?

now i´ve tested a new parameter i found with Final Render stage 1. and it seemed to work very well. in FR you have to model the liquid inside of the glass of wine a little bit bigger, and you give your wine a "priority" of "1", and the glass a "priority of 2".

FR seems to shrink the liquid to the glass surface and the renderings work allright, also with animated liquids for example realflow.

here is the scene setup:

now here´s the result of the animated boolean for the liquid:
    http://motion.fkis.de/Pater/animiert...sserh%f6he.m1v

he vlado. i think you was wrong, this wouldnt work. Ore am i Wrong ?
    Well this would be a nice feature in Vray too

by the way ! many thanks for your webspace pater !

What would happen if the liquid outline crosses the glass at some places so that it is sometimes inside and sometimes outside the glass wall?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hallo Vlado

I don´t have to much time this week. But i´ll try to post some examples of the behavior comparing fr and Vray at the end of the week.

right now i think the solution of this particular part of Fr makes it a bit easier at last to produce animations of liquids.
      While at last Vray seems to be the "much" better solution for me overal, because fr produces very much unpredictable results. many functions but it doesnt work together as well as vray does. Especially irradiance maps and photonmaps. !

but in this particular point it seems to have a good solution for animated liquids.

greeting Tom

Comment

Working...
      X