Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Overide, and bitmaps?

Hi,

So i have a pretty heavily textures scene and I want to get some quick lighting renders out, so I stick a chalk material in the global switches overide, to get a quicker render, but I notice all the textures are still getting loaded at the start of the render process?

Should this be happening given the render is not using them, and can this be fixed easily? It means I do not save a large amount of render time as the scene takes so long to start.

I must admit I have not noticed this happening before, so it might be my "special" scene! Using xref scenes by the way.

Thanks,

Mark

You might want to turn off the "Maps" option in the global switches rollout too.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Of course, I hide my head in shame! It was right there in front of me the whole time.

Can I presume the reason why the maps are not turned off by vray when the override is used is so the exclude list will work?

Ill remember that in the future, will save test render times.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Technically it should work just with the override material too; I'm not sure why it does not - will look into it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I posted about this a while back: http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...e-still-loaded

Vlado mentions that modifiers and other geometry objects such as scatters may need a bitmap to in order to render.

If you turn maps off does it affect an HDRI in the environment slot?
          Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
          Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Yeah I didnt search back to 2009 for other threads. But interesting that it must be an issue to not be resolved yet. Good point about the maps for scatter etc, not sure how to fix that one. I guess one or other option has to be used, and you choose if it matters not to have maps etc in the scene.

Comment

Working...
            X