No announcement yet.

VRayBlend Advanced blending mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there. I know this is an old thread but has anything been progressed here? I'm kind of guessing after reading Trixian's request is that he would like something similar to Quixel mixer where you can mix two different shaders but be very specific about the height mix and how the heights interact with each other as well as how these heights affect the other textures within that shader. Any ideas how to achieve this kind of result 8 years later?

BTW, I found this thread and if you scroll down to the end you can see a Corona setup that includes a divide node. I'm wondering if this might help explain the results required and the possible additional shader that could be created to achieve this result.
    https://forum.corona-renderer.com/in...topic=11677.15
    Last edited by stevesideas; 20-02-2021, 04:32 AM.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

So, I'm trying to work this out. I have included a color divide (OSL shader) into the mask slot of a vrayblend material. I've placed the displacement maps of each shader into the divide map slots and now I'm adjusting the RGB offset on the top displacement slot to blend through the top shader. It kind of seems to be working but it's quite a harsh blend. Does this sound correct. Unfortunately, and I'm not sure what just happened but my entire system just shut down whilst viewing VFB in interactive mode. I do have a nightly build so I hope it isn't that. I was going to post the shader setup but have lost this work for now.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I just watched a tutorial on how to set up a similar effect in Blender with nodes. Wouldn't it be possible to do the same with some of the compositing nodes in Max, either standard composite map, V-ray composite or OSL math nodes?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccciTF5aZP8&t=56s
        Last edited by markus_s_cg; 28-04-2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X