Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A way to rotate the VRayHDRI on all axis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way to rotate the VRayHDRI on all axis.

When using 360 degrees HDRI map for environmental reflection on a cg object I matched with live, I always need to adjust the rotation of my reflections precisely to match with live footage. I try to use VRay HDRI in the "Reflection/refraction environent" slot in the "Environement" tab of the render setup, I also use spherical mapping type and now we have only "Horiz. rotation " and "Vert. rotation" which just does not allow to rotate the spherical map in every possible position. Most of the time I end up discarding the environnement and just create a polygonal sphere with my map on it, which clutter the scene a bit (I have to adjust position and scale of this sphere).

Wouldn't be any way to use a gizmo for rotating that environement map?

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
    Little Antman
    See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
    Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

The only thing that I can think of at the moment is that in V-Ray 3.0 beta there is an option to lock the texture for a dome light to the orientation of the dome light icon in the scene.

Other than that, the vertical and horizontal rotation in VRayHDRI do allow for arbitrary orientation of the texture and in principle it is possible to write a script that can compute them from the orientation of a given object in the scene.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Does a script can access a third axis for this map? If there are only 2 axis (vert. and horix. (x and y)) how can a script rotate it on the z axis?

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
      Little Antman
      See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
      Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Working...
      X