VrayEdgesTex respects Smoothing Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayEdgesTex respects Smoothing Groups

Could we have an option in VrayEdgesTex that respects smoothing groups? So if you have say a cube with a bunch of width and height segments, the 6 edges of the cube will be drawn but none of the interior edges will show up?

- Neil

You can try using perhaps VRayToon for this purpose? It can do what you need specifically for the case of a cube.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yup, that's what I ended up using, but having the smoothing option in VrayEdge would offer more control over exactly which edges get a line without all the extra features of the full blown toon shader.

- Neil

Comment

Yes please, I could use this option too.
        Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
        Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Hi,

Added as a feature request in our system, but unfortunately can't give any time frame about its implementation.
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This one is a bit hard to do though; the VRayEdgesTex cannot easily look around to see the smoothing groups of adjacent faces. VRayToon can do that and that's why it works. Will see what can be done about it though.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks. If it can't be done it can't be done, but would certainly be a helpful feature if it's possible and not too time consuming.

- Neil

Comment

Working...
              X