No announcement yet.

BSSRDF Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres an adjusted rerender. couldn't wait to let it finish as I was already late for work.

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hi all!

Geddart, thank you so much for your comments. We're really very pleased
      No, we haven't posted it the Image Uploads forum but it's still in progress so maybe when it's finished... We'll post this one and others

Percydaman, I'm very impressed with that SSS look; it's pretty good! Maybe i should play a bit more with it But as you said it is very slow and this turns it into a tedious workflow.

Anyway i know i'm a pain but i must insist again about the hierachical SSS It has became in a must in the industry and for what I have heard it's quite easy to implement -maybe i'm wrong-

Regards,

Jorge.

Comment

percy: nice material!! Is this done without interpolation? Settings?

Quick tip: bigger buckets render a lot faster than small buckets. The same image can render in 50% less time with 64x64 buckets compared to with 16x16 buckets. The reason for this is that vray renders an overlapping area around each bucket. So with small buckets the total overlapping area becomes quite large. Also each bucket needs some setup time, so small buckets means more setuptime.
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

heres more or less a final go at it. added some blurry reflections. The SSS material has interpolated refraction and reflection. It was just too noisy without interpolation for some reason. Ill post the scene file here in a little bit.

Ya I usually use 64 size buckets, but I was using small buckets when I was testing without interpolation as I needed the speediest test renders I could get in a specific location. I just never got around to changing them back lol

percy

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

The scene file: http://myweb.cableone.net/amylenhart/stuff/stairway.zip

Have fun.

percy

Comment

Working...
            X