VRayPhysicalCamera include/exclude list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayPhysicalCamera include/exclude list

I'm sure someone has probably asked for this. Is it possible to have a per camera include/exclude of geometry?

I find myself setting up scenes with many cameras and find it tedious to select groups of geometry in front of certain cameras and going through the process of hiding from camera on/off as I go from camera to camera. So this has affected my views to some degree as I try to avoid those situations. The clipping plane doesn't work well in some situations where trying to clip the whole object in front of the camera then starts to clip other objects you want in the shot.

Thoughts?
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

That would be great, I often run in to the same problems. Better way may be to have include/exclude on the camera clipping plane. So those objects are still 'visible' in case they are needed in reflections etc.

Comment

Usually this and similar situations would be covered by a render pass system like RPM or LPM,
      http://rpmanager.com/about.htm
      http://www.lukashi.com/LPM.php
      which is as incredibly useful as it is amazing that it's still not in max after all these years. Personally I like the setup Softimage has, easy and very flexible.Once you're used to setting up render passes going back really is a pain.
      Rens Heeren
      Generalist
      WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Another solution would be to use SceneStates + Batch Render.
        You could create a separate State for each Camera, and then in Batch Render you could specify which State should be used for which Camera.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-11 13_17_51-Untitled - Autodesk 3ds Max  2014 x64  - Not for Resale.png
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	851775
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I can't use Batch Render since I render multichannel EXR's

But I could use scene states outside of the batch render... never thought it worked very well though.. grr

this is why I've loved the idea of having filename tokens ( mentioned in another thread) along with more vraycam options - I could have the camera name automatically attached to the filename, combined with having objects not visible to camera per camera, then I could then go through the views firing off renders to the farm without too many mistakes
          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

i use layers with objects arranged for diferent cameras, than scene States with only layers properties (hidden or not, you can do lager asignements as well). render with batch camera render: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...-camera-render. works with scene states, saves multichannels. i use old version and its excelent. even more options in the new one.
            Marcin Piotrowski
            youtube

Comment

Using SceneStates + Batchrender + "EXR channels" very effectively here.
              Hate the new "State Sets". Their changing-based approach instead of the SceneStates's property based approach is almost useless in more advanced, complicated productions.
              I am afraid that Autodesk is going to let SceneStates die.
              Valentin

...forget Warp 9, engine-room please switch to Vray-speed...

Comment

Stay tuned, there is a much better solution coming
                Maxscript made easy....
                davewortley.wordpress.com
                Follow me here:
                facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Working...
                X