Dynamic Render Region for the VRay Frame Buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Render Region for the VRay Frame Buffer

It often catches me out when I am preview rendering at half resolution with a render region in the VRay frame buffer, when i then revert back to full resolution to render the same region, the region that is rendered is smaller and a different part of the image. I presume this is because the region selection uses x/y pixel co-ordinates so if the image changes size, the region is rendering the same pixel co-ordinates and is therefore different.

Is there a way the region rendering can be changed so that it knows if the image has changed size, it has to re-size the region and therefore renders the same region as the previous render?

It would very useful to have this feature.

My brain tells me it's doable by multiplying or dividing the previous render size by the new one and transferring those numbers to the frame buffer region. It's probably way more complicated than that though! Hopefully it's possible for you figure out!

Here's hoping.

This is on the "to do" list.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Butler, a workaround is to use the max region rather than v-ray's....
      Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
      Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

On this note, I used the max region. What would be amazing is if those work together. I often find myself rendeirng huge print images and using max's crop render. What would be nice if I could use vray render region inside said cropped rendering.
        Software:
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
        3ds Max 2016 SP4
        V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
        Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
        64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Originally posted by olly View Post
          Butler, a workaround is to use the max region rather than v-ray's....
          Cheers mate. I do use this method, but for some reason maxs' viewports don't show the region box. I have to move the mouse around until it changes to the relevant arrows to move or re-size the region. It's rather tedious, hence my request. I've tried all the graphics card modes and looked for an option the change the colour in the user interface. No joy!

Thanks Vlado.........I couldn't find any other posts on it after a search. Although had a hunch it had probably been requested before.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_butler_7 View Post
            maxs' viewports don't show the region box.
            I had this. Are you using a pure black viewport background (0,0,0) ? If so set it to (1,1,1) or higher and it should fix that for you...

Comment

Changing the viewport background from 0,0,0 to 1,1,1 fixed the issue for both solid colour and gradient modes, you'd think gradient mode would show a region that was a gradient from invisible to visible. Much happier now though, that's been bugging me for a while.

Cheers mate!

Comment

no sweat, it bugged me too so happy to share!

Comment

Working...
                X