VRayHairMtl subdivs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayHairMtl subdivs

As far as I can see there is no way to control the subdivisions of the glossyness in the VRayHairMtl is that right?

Is there any reason for this, or can it be added?

Trying to get to the source of some noisey hair and was surprised to see there were no controls for that....

Thanks,

Matt

The quality of VRayHairMtl's glossy reflections is controlled to your Brute Force GI subdivisions.

Basically VRayHairMtl depends on GI to look good.
    Akin Bilgic | CGGallery.com
    Modeler & Generalist TD

V-Ray Render Optimization
    V-Ray DMC Calculator

Comment

Originally posted by MattClark View Post
      As far as I can see there is no way to control the subdivisions of the glossyness in the VRayHairMtl is that right?

Is there any reason for this, or can it be added?

Trying to get to the source of some noisey hair and was surprised to see there were no controls for that....

Thanks,

Matt
      The quality of the glossiness also depends from Lights Subdivisions and Image Sampler settings. You could gain a better quality by bumping up each of them slightly.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I think I'm just used to having subdiv control at a material level like many of the other VrayMaterials. It stands to reason that upping GI settings, Light settings and the image samper will increase the quality, but do so across the entire scene which isn't helping optimise render times.

I guess splitting the hair pass out will help.

Thanks

Matt

Comment

We're waiting for a per object AA sampling that would increase image samples just for hair for example.
          I know chaos guys are working on it, can't wait.
          KCTOO - Directors

Comment

That sounds great, but again i don't think image samples are the problem, the geometry renders clean without a material, it's control at a material level that seems to be lacking.

Comment

In the V-Ray object properties for the hair object, you can try boosting the GI subdivs multiplier (if this is the source of the noise, and not the lights).

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X