Vray 3.0 Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.0 Studio

Currently I am re-starting my Vray Studio Script after 4 years of doing photography.
    There are a few things that I have noticed with Vray lights, and a few problems.
    1. Generally when I am creating a large, soft light, via a modifier (such as a softbox, Beauty dish etc), the intensity of the light is inversely proportional to the area of the light.
    this is when I use a front diffuser, When I don't use any diffuser, the light follows the pattern of intensity modelled in MAX Vray 3.0. A continuous light panel also produces light of greater intensity, with a greater area.

2. Using the Directional Field in Vray light results in a multiplier effect for the light intensity. Its very difficult to work it out.
    I'm assuming the model is: a perfect reflector or pyramid of x gradients (x being the directionality).
    I think its a "conservation of energy" model. Is it possible to have it remain the same intensity at a given distance from the light source with some sort of checkbox?

3. I would like a "view from light" option similar to Max lights: is this possible. At the moment I attach a MAX light to a Vray light, and turn it off. Wiring it the directionally field to the angle of the MAX light is something I might try, unless Vray can also duplicate this with the light "Camera"

4. The Blowup region feature is a bit hit and miss.... Can this be fixed. to Match my still images, I usually try and render very large renders. I have a 23 Mpixel camera, and am considering a Medium format 50 MPixel one.

Originally posted by rajdarge View Post
    2. Using the Directional Field in Vray light results in a multiplier effect for the light intensity. Its very difficult to work it out.
    I'm assuming the model is: a perfect reflector or pyramid of x gradients (x being the directionality). I think its a "conservation of energy" model. Is it possible to have it remain the same intensity at a given distance from the light source with some sort of checkbox?
    It is not impossible, certainly. Will have to think about it a bit.

3. I would like a "view from light" option similar to Max lights: is this possible.
    This works fine for me. If you have a scene where it doesn't please post it here.

4. The Blowup region feature is a bit hit and miss.... Can this be fixed.
    This also works fine for me. Again, if you have a case where it doesn't work, please post it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

MY bad: I was talking about vray 2.5.01 but saying it was Vray 3.0. The Camera light feature and the blowup feature are ok.
      However if you switch to a blowup render, after having done a region render, the VFB region render is not cleared and the previous render is executed. You have to toggle region render, and render again for the blow up feature to work.

1. After using vray Could we have a 1/4, 1/2, and 1/1 resolution for the quick render dialogue box for those inevitable test renders.

Raj

Comment

Originally posted by rajdarge View Post
        1. After using vray Could we have a 1/4, 1/2, and 1/1 resolution for the quick render dialogue box for those inevitable test renders.
        It is maybe not impossible; will need to think about it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X