Vray Simbiont Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Simbiont Map

Is it possible to have a vray Simbiont map? Since the material is there, surely its only a little step to get a map only ?

please, Pretty please.

I tried dabbling in substances, but they aren't very procedural, and you really need the designer to get them to work nicely.

any news on this . I recieved a message from the developer of Darktree and there didn't seem to be a licensing issue?
    Raj

Comment

No, it's not a licensing issue, just have to sit down and do it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have found that a standard 3ds max Simbiont map work fine as a map in a Vray material...Hope this helps

Comment

how do you load it into the material slot?
          I tried dragging and dropping, it didn't seem to work.
          It used to work for up to max 2009 or even 11 but there hasn't been a working simbiont since then.

Comment

Originally posted by rajdarge View Post
            how do you load it into the material slot?
            I tried dragging and dropping, it didn't seem to work.
            It used to work for up to max 2009 or even 11 but there hasn't been a working simbiont since then.
            I am using max 2010...which version are you on?

Comment

Max 2014 and 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 3DMK View Post
                I have found that a standard 3ds max Simbiont map work fine as a map in a Vray material...Hope this helps
                Ya, I haven't had any issues with this workflow. Why would we need a specific vray map for this?

- Neil

Comment

It depends on which version of max you are running.
                  I have a simbiont that works with max 2012, but I don't have one that works with 2014, or 2015. There are no plans to make one either unfortunately. Yes the basic Simbiont map works well in max 2012, but after that ...nada.

Since someone has gone to the trouble of implementing a symbiont material in v-ray that to open that up as a map may not be too much of an ask. Again I don't know the programming involved. Unfortunately Substances in max just don't compare, IMO.

Comment

Oh I see. I believe there is a simbiont map for 2014, but there is none for 2015 that's true. A shame to hear they won't upgrade it. Couldn't they just hand the code over to Dave Baker at maxplugins.de so he can maintain the code?

- Neil

Comment

You wouldn't have a link for the symbiont map. I went to the website and I couldn't find a new build. If that is the case I can probably stop annoying vlado.
                      Apparently the code is in the public domain now anyway ?
                      They are upgrading, or so I have heard - to version 3.0 and there are more textures etc involved. They are looking for feature requests now so you can leave them over on their site. It's surprising that there really hasn't been anything like this produced as competition in the 11 or so years I've been using Darktree.
                      Raj

Comment

I think their v3 has been in development for like 10 years now. And I never heard that Simbiont was public domain. I'll send them an email and see if I can get a confirmation on what the current story is.

- Neil

Comment

Working...
                        X