GI/AA settings per camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
    This might be possible to do with a maxscript callback, let me have a bit of a play.
    Hello,

If you're talking about output size per camera, a guy named SugaR from a french forum has already done something for that, but it's far from reliable IMO. You can check it there. There are problems with network rendering from what I've seen (BB / DR).
    Please let me know what you think

Thanks !
    Nicolas Caplat
    www.intangibles.fr

Comment

So have you finally bought RPmanger Richard ? I'd be interested in some feedback because I'm considering buying it for a while now. Dealing with different settings per camera is becoming more and more cumbersome and time consuming for me. State sets did work when I tested them on simple scenes. But there's no way you can use them on larger projects.

mekene

Comment

Hey theedge,
        I have been working with RPmanager for about 5 years now in various studios and as it happens I am currently on a short term contract sitting about 20 metres away from Grant Adams the guy who wrote it.
        On a simple level it allows multiple cameras in a single max scene to be submitted at the press of a button.

On a complex level it allows you set up almost everything per camera in one file from:

resolution/rendersettings, object property/material assignement, per object overrides per pass on object/material/texture/modifier, lights on/off, xref on/off, elements assignment, atomosphere, pre and post render scripts and sanity checking pre render submit.

and grant is pretty quick with fixes.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback pg1.
          I have some spare time now, so I'll download the evaluation version of RPManager to test it. I must admit the screenshots look very intimidating and made me think this plugin may be overkill for my needs.

mekene

Comment

Aye its a bit of a wall of buttons to start with but the preview function alone is worth its weigh in gold

Comment

RPManager is so cool ! That interface looks overwhelming at first, but after taking the time to watch the tutorials and go through the help file everything start to fall into place.
              This plugin does exactly what I need, but it also does so many things I don't. A "lite" version of RPManager with only Common Params and Render Setup tabs with VisSets by layers would be more than enough for what I do.

mekene

Comment

It is a bit of a wall of button but soon becomes second nature, glad its working for you. Will get you home on time

Comment

Working...
                X