Installation Wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Wish

It would be nice to have an install option to install for all users or a specific/alternate user.

At the corporate office I work at (serious paranoia here lol) we can not install software without IT doing it and even though I'm logged in on my account and IT just uses their login on the install executable its self it does not create the shortcuts on the start menu under my user profile (Windows 7) and its a bit of a pain having to get IT to go into the "C" drive (we dont even have access to that) and manually create the needed shortcuts for the license and Spawner and such.

~dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

I understand; thanks for the suggestion. Will see what can be done about it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Cool beans, thank you VERY much
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I always deploy everything automatically as local administrator and anyway, automate creation of shortcuts for users. Why ? Because we won't use default "ChaosGroup VRay" folder shortcuts, we have our own start menus with folders for production, post etc and we automatically place shortcuts into corresponding one, deleting default ones. AutoIt or anything like that is very useful for such custom deployments, it also allow to copy some files (configs for DR, licence server etc) while deploying. Really simplify IT job for entire workstations and renderfarm.

Comment

Working...
        X