Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
    Have they?
    Official word is the development of xRefs had been dropped since V.2012.
    Glad to hear the whole approach is stabler!
    Improving referencing is currently high on the user feedback website so given that Autodesk seems to be addressing all the over items on this list maybe we'll see something soon....
    Maxscript made easy....
    davewortley.wordpress.com
    Follow me here:
    facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Let's hope they keep on track with those improvements!

Comment

Originally posted by peterguthrie View Post
        "Would be nice to have the mouse hover feature of the VFB have a way to lock the point of interest (like shift click or something). This way you could switch to another window and have VRay continue to render the area you want in stead of tracking the mouse all over the screen when in the background."

for this i zoom in to the image in the VFB a LOT and leave track mouse turned on, usually works
        I have two solutions for you...

1. Put the other program you want to work in behind max and make sure its behind where your point of interest is. Then start a render, put your point of interest where you want it and then Alt+Tab to the other program. The other program pops up on top of max and you can freely work in that program without messing up your point of interest in max.

2. If you have two monitors and a wacom....Open the other program on your second monitor. Start a render and put your wacom cursor over your point of interest. Lift the wacom off the tablet while rendering until it loses contact with the tablet. Then drop the pen back down on top of your second monitor over the program you want to work in. When that program pulls focus the POI in max remains intact.

Tim J
        www.seraph3d.com
        Senior Generalist
        Industrial Light & Magic

Environment Creation Tutorial
        Environment Lighting Tutorial

Comment

Thanks for the tips Seraph3d. Never have great luck with the Alt-Tab. I always seem to manage to Move my mouse over the window somehow and change the area of interest.

Would be nice to just be able to lock it using the UI

Better yet, you could shift-click multiple areas and VRay would render blocks around two or three areas as desired.

Comment

Working...
          X