VrayLight Dome visual helper to display current Z rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayLight Dome visual helper to display current Z rotation

This is not exactly a feature request but rather a "cosmetic" addition to the light gizmo that would greately simplify working with Dome lights.

It would be nice to have the option to activate a visual indication of the dome rotation in the viewport.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vraylightdomeRotation1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	881524Click image for larger version

Name:	vraylightdomeRotation2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	881525

mekene

you can kind of get that already using the local setting in the reference coordinate system dropdown. after switching to local you can see where the gizmo is and how much its rotated.
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

previously requested here: http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...-Viewport-Icon
      www.peterguthrie.net
      www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
      www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Ah yes. I did suspect that it had been asked before but didn't find your post Peter.
        This would be even more useful since we can lock the HDRI rotation to the dome with VRAY 3.

mekene

Comment

I've added a small line along the X axis of the light - do you think it's big enough or should it be larger? I tried to make it unobtrusive as I don't want to add an option just for that, although I will if I have to.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Attached Files
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Looks perfect!
            Maxscript made easy....
            davewortley.wordpress.com
            Follow me here:
            facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

of my previous suggestions ( http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...-Viewport-Icon) I liked the top one best, and what you are suggesting is pretty close, so yes, that would do nicely
              www.peterguthrie.net
              www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
              www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Just wondering, could this line be set to the angle where the dome texture would wrap? This helps indicate where the lights in the hdri would be.
                Though I still think it would be nicer to just show the hdri on the dome directly, like a textured hemisphere so we can see it.
                Signing out,
                Christian

Comment

Working...
                X