Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayBumpMtl - Override Material ID

Hi,

With the introduction of the new EdgesTex which I find myself using all the time now on CAD geometry a rather annoying issue has presented itself.
    I use a script to automatically generate Masks from materials (AutoMultiMatte) which relies on setting the material ID on each material.

With BlendMtls it works since the mask then just uses the submaterial, but with the BumpMtl it doesn't work and the mask doesn't render at all.
    Can we either have it that the MaterialID gets piped through the BumpMtl (preferred) or have a material ID override for the BUmpMtl itself?
    Software:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
    3ds Max 2016 SP4
    V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
    Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
    64GB RAM

DxDiag

See this script instead...

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/power-masker
    Maxscript made easy....
    davewortley.wordpress.com
    Follow me here:
    facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Oh, didn't know that one. Is this one the go-to-solution these days? I was still using AutoMultiMatte but I'll definitely try this one! Thanks!
      Software:
      3ds Max 2016 SP4
      V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
      64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Well I only released it this month.... so let me know what you think.
        Maxscript made easy....
        Follow me here:
        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Ah I see. I'll definitely try it! I understand your script works by setting the actual max-standard material ID by script isntead of relying on the VRaymmaterial id override?
          I can't tell you if I am able to integrate it in production in the next days but may I know how it handles nested materials? For example I have mat1 which is piped into bumpMat2, do they get the same ID (preferred) or each one its own?
          With blend materials the other way would be preferred, that each sub material gets its own ID
          Software:
          3ds Max 2016 SP4
          V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
          64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

This version of the script does only do root materials. This means that if it's a multi-sub, the Multisub will get the ID. I can break it out to do every material but this gets a little complex when you have nested VrayBlends....
            Maxscript made easy....
            Follow me here:
            facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

Comment

Working...
            X