skin shader a la Alsurface pleaseeee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FSGFX View Post
    some new images on the human wiki page...
    http://www.wikihuman.org/index.php/o...ikihuman-data/
    Wow!

Wow for Luc wip too!

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
    Little Antman
    See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
    Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

• Originally posted by sharktacos View Post
      Hmm, when I have experimented with the Vray ALsurface I have found that directional consistently had longer render times than diffusion. Are you getting equal render times for them both?
      The diffusion one is noisier and requires more samples to clean up. That's the only difference - you can look at the sample rate render element to confirm if this is the case.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
        The diffusion one is noisier and requires more samples to clean up. That's the only difference - you can look at the sample rate render element to confirm if this is the case.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Okay. My thinking was that it might make sense to include the SSS from the SSS2 as an additional option (dipole I believe), presuming that it would be faster to render. Sort of like how the original ALsurface includes Arnold's native cubic SSS for when you just need "quick and dirty" SSS.

Comment

• I will consider it, but it's a bit low in priority.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

I will consider it, but it's a bit low in priority.

Best regards,
            Vlado

fair enough

Comment

• Dropped the dlt file in the Max 2016 vraryplugins folder but getting the same error - failed to initialize.

"Error code 126 - The specified module could not be found."

Any ideas?
              Freelance 3D Generalist
              www.maxwood.co.uk

Comment

• sorry you are using max plugin for maya? there is a maya version of it and its a dll
                Dmitry Vinnik
                Silhouette Images Inc.
                ShowReel:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

• Originally posted by maxwood View Post
                  Dropped the dlt file in the Max 2016 vraryplugins folder but getting the same error - failed to initialize. "Error code 126 - The specified module could not be found." Any ideas?
                  You need the latest version of V-Ray (3.40.03).

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

• Also Vlado, we need badly the excellent Vray2d displacement modifer to work with UDIM , can it be done quickly ? I ask for it in the name of MANY ( and they have it for Maya, lucky guy's ! ) for more then 2 years .... for characters, 2d displace is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better then 3d.. .there is no comparaison here... please ?

Comment

• Vlado, can you explain what the Github issue "Include the SSS components in light select elements " means?

In Maya there has been a feature request for quite a while to get the light select RE to include SSS. Is this a hint that this might happen soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by sharktacos View Post
                        Vlado, can you explain what the Github issue "Include the SSS components in light select elements " means?
                        It means pretty much what you expect it to mean.

In Maya there has been a feature request for quite a while to get the light select RE to include SSS. Is this a hint that this might happen soon?
                        For the moment I'll be doing this for the alSurface shader only.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

You need the latest version of V-Ray (3.40.03).

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          Ah sorry, that solved it! I was running 3.3, thanks Vlado.
                          Freelance 3D Generalist
                          www.maxwood.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigguns View Post
                            Also Vlado, we need badly the excellent Vray2d displacement modifer to work with UDIM , can it be done quickly ? I ask for it in the name of MANY ( and they have it for Maya, lucky guy's ! ) for more then 2 years .... for characters, 2d displace is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better then 3d.. .there is no comparaison here... please ?
                            Actually we had to disable it in Maya too, because it caused some other issues with texture tiling. I will try to squeeze it in for the next SP, but I've said that before... let's hope it happens this time.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

• and when is that next SP supposed to be released ? It's really the best displacement by farthat I have tried in any renderer for character, super precise and fast for the precision it does (and low ram ) , but don't work with UDIM, it's a must nowaday

Comment

It means pretty much what you expect it to mean.

For the moment I'll be doing this for the alSurface shader only.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                When you do can you add a menu item to the light select RE so it has:

normal, raw, diffuse, specular, and sss?

Comment

Working...
                                X