Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Vray.exe project

1. v-ray is an amazing product.

2. developing a v-ray exe (standalone) would be very great.

different export -plugins could make it possible to create images from several 3d-programmes such as c4d, maya,xsi, lightwave, blender , rhino3d,max, maybe even povray.

developing plug-ins for these plattforms needs programmers who know these products very well . i guess v-ray programmers are used to 3d studio max a lot but don't know the API-structures of different programmes , so plugin-dev will be interesting in a few months. for now this complete v-ray.exe needs a kind of a storyboard . what about doing a simple competition for the best LAYOUT FOR V_RAY_EXE that all board members can participate , the first price could be a free license , when the product gets out of beta-programming. maybe there are professionals like those of scanline who can compare new rendering technics and draw an outline for v-ray.exe

Storyboard should include BASIC structure

also handling of LIGHTS and MATERIALS (mental ray adds new attributes in maya-for instance)

what about contours ? i like contours a lot ! i also like the dynamic water surface - shaders . they are extremely realistic and fast . (i guess only few people can imagine the speed) .

and maybe some help of professional maya-API-coders could be perfect to develop the next generation in high-speed-GI .

IMPORTANT : think about the programm-architecture before coding . then start coding . i mean it is always important to set up the mainroutine when starting a new programm ! i like v-ray.exe (until now 1.8.2004) it will be great in a month and i would love to see how it develops . it is a very great project!!!

-----------------------------

Question : why do some people complain about having to wait for maya-vray so long - instead of being polite they react like hyenas .They should be more polite and wait . that is what all do , if they can't help on the project (means if they can't code/ and i can't code very well by myself , but i know how much work it is , so please think about that before writing mails like : "i am waiting for two weeks , i send an email to chaos-crew , they do't answer . " they answered within 2 hours as i was politely asking two questions , don't bomb them with mails - it will grow ) . the project has just started . and leading companies are willing to wait , so it will be a stable and creative tool in production of film , architectural viZ , cartoon , sciFi , and scientific viZ .

i hope you understand what i mean....

3. mental ray vs. v-ray ?

i guess programmers from mental ray know about the good rendering results of v-ray . it is clear that mental - images - programmers earn more money than v-ray-programmers , but v-ray is faster and not so complicated . therefore newer in it#S engine. so pls come together . raytrace and raycast an all radiosity is a very physical/mathematical computation and i guess the programmers of v-ray did a very good job so far and they will do a good job in the future .

that's why i thank them for their engagement . have a nice day ) simon

PS: let's wait -..... )

when thinking about chaos history on studio max - tools / why don' tyou try to code a simCloth for Maya . maybe it will be good practise for developing v-ray.exe

Comment

you think mental images programmers earn more then vray programmers? Since the vray programmer are the owners of the company, I would hope that it isn't true.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

i just think that mental ray was used in so many hollywood movies and has been developed over years . when i think about how many programmers work for mental images , it might be false to say they earn more than v-ray programmers . that means there is a big difference .

and : v-ray is (much) cheaper in licensing , when you render on ten computers , and , there are better results (especially in architecture).

i did not work with v-ray ( i just tested the exe.project for maya ) and it works very well - so far (unfortunately , it is not possible to calculate GI and caustics (yet) , or what mental ray users call finalGather) and i am looking forward to buying a license , when it is developed in a way that it can be used . a friend of me is learning to use it right now (arch/3dstudiomax)) and it has very nice results) , for me it is more important to work in maya , because of the benefits maya has in creating animation (walking characters / driving cars / rolling stairs / bicycle drivers / wheelstair drivers / families / mothers with their small babies and grandparents - three feet walking characters) , maya is easier / more logical to script in my eyes - and i guess thats why leading companies work with maya.

i guess it is very complicated to develope a standalone renderer which can be used like for instance RenderMan in combination with Mental Ray on many Plattforms (Linux , Windows , Mac OS) and also with different software (...) including simple use of network renderering .

and if you (and i have a lot of respect for programmers like those from Chaos) develope a Tool like this Animation-Movies will be even more incredible as they are today . So i am happy to imagine the pictures of tomorrow . What i meant by saying to draw a storyboard for a programm like v-ray.exe is : having a good idea on the syntax of the code is like writing a good script for a movie . There are only few really good scriptwriters , having a good story is important for a director of a film .

maybe i mean kind of a mindmap which shows the knots in a logical way and can improve stability and the possibility of adding functions in newer versions.

i hope you don't misunderstand me because of my bad english simon

Comment

v-ray-exe 0.01.20040816 ???

Comment

v-ray-exe 0.01.20041008

yesterday i understood your many posts about nvidea quadro fx card as i was on a roadshow of the new 3d studio max tour.

---------------
            but : if there will be an vray-exe-programm one day , will it only work together with highend graphic cards?
            ----------------

the man showing the capabilites of their card in *.fxpoj format said , that it gains you a lot time when rendering direct on your card.

as i bought a book called "renderman companion" which discribes the renderman scene discription format , i found similarities in looking at the code of a sample-scene in *.fxproj .

is vray - exe going to handle a file format simlilar to that kind of file format or will there be a "crypted" scene description . i think in some ways the vray (*.vrmesh) file format could be oriented on both formats (*.fxproj and *.rib)

i was rendering a little with blender3D using aqsis , Pixie and BMRT and found out about different *.rib-formattings , so i could not render a *.rib scene , which i exported from maya and i could not compile the "liquid-render-plugin for aqsis" .

you are doing a great job ... looking forward to using vray in maya.....

) simon

Comment

OK , here now my personal wishlist:

#
              --------------------> not yet in v-ray (i think so - at least)
              i need hard edges (for visualizing real contrast between forground nd background) i am not talking about "Death Of Field" but about Contour-Rendering (OUTLINES , to show where an object starts and ends / for design purpose) where i can select single edges to be Rendered as Lines. Like a mixture of MR-contour and riCurves(might be blurred as well) .
              <-----------------

other thing: of cause is all the HIhend GI , caustic , AO and ray-marching which i wish would be generated in single passes including Shadow, Color ,Diffuse , Reflectivity and Specularity.

Simulation of nature and effects such as lightnings (blizzards / different day-lights /morning,evening) watersurfaces ,waves , rockShaders , Grass-Displacements (also Fur / Hair for animals) , clouds -- your fluid-particle-simulator for styling Slime,Mud , Fresh (with Bubbles) Water and Honey-like-material.

True Refractions und fast sub-surface-scattering as to top all those other raytracers in speed . simple ray-casting combination (extreme speed variation for first impressions in animations). "direkt access" to composition software (on demand / like in houdini) would be the biggest plus for smaller companies to use the complex software.

(wish )

Comment

somewhere i read , that v-ray-exe will be available 4 / 2004 , but i guess that is not true.

i would be very glad to testing it , but i guess it will take some more month to use it. i would be interested in knowing , what is inside the v-ray-exe by-now ... (AO , GI , TEXTURES , ALPHA-maps , bump, normal-maps , ... )

does anyone have a list of features which are in the exe-project right now. i mean , which features BETA-testers can use . just to know , if the project is still "under construction" . i did not find any "new news" about "vray 4 maya" . i guess there won't be a public-new-beta , but it would be could to know , which features already work in the *.vrmesh-exporter for maya.

thanx for your patience reading this message...

Comment

Working...
                X