I agree with Vlado
    nicninicus should be banned forever to the fstorm and corona forums

the arch vis crowd are a noisy untrained minority IMO

Comment

Originally posted by squintnic View Post
      I agree with Vlado
      nicninicus should be banned forever to the fstorm and corona forums

the arch vis crowd are a noisy untrained minority IMO

I hope you mean that as a joke I value everyone's opinions - after all, we code V-Ray for you, not for ourselves...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Something else that I forgot to mention above... it is difficult for me to distinguish the hype surrounding a given feature vs its actual usability in practice. So, it makes sense to wait a certain amount of time to see if something would be really useful or just a momentary blip. For example, a couple of years ago, we had lots of people asking about OSL and shading languages in general. It's a huge feature that took us a lot of development resources. But in the end, turned to be used only by a handful of people. So lens effects are all the rage right now, that's fine and obviously something that we should take into account, but whether a few months from now that would still be the case... I guess we'll see once we do it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        That's really cool Vlado. I really like how you operate. When I started this thread, I hope I didn't give off the vibe that I'm ungrateful or demanding.

The best thing for product suggestions is to try and state what it is clearly and then invite everyone to scrutinize it or voice concern or express support. Wherever is left standing after such a process should be good for all.

Quality so often requires patients and V-Ray should represent quality and not gimmickry - I completely agree with your patient and considerate approach Vlado. I do feel emotionally attached for what I asked for and I could be passionately wrong about what I think is good to put in V-Ray, I definitely stand for correction.

What makes V-Ray the best is the Human Factor. The fact that we can offer ideas to the developers and the community to scrutinize and discuss makes V-Ray more of a living Render Engine as apposed to a dead product.

I personally feel that V-Ray is already awesome and I'm so happy to be a V-Ray user. The suggestion was not really from a point of massive privation. As a "Type A" person (those who want renders looking like we are using an actual camera) simply have an itch hard to scratch.

The product suggestion is a 1% change, but there is so much in 1%. Its like the genetic difference between chimpanzees and humans. That 1% means everything. I have no problem at all if these features take a long time to go through a rigorous filtering process free of gimmicks and distractions.

~ Steve.

Comment

the improvements are good but it seems to me that the vray camera can still be improved.
          with regard to motion blur it is very complicated to set the blur on a moving object, on the other hand on corona their camera has a geometry option which allows automatic calibration of motion blur on an object. i think such an option will be a big improvement on vray camera so it will be easier to apply motion blur
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X