No announcement yet.

some shaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah a depth of 20 seems high for me, I usually keep it at default. Only time youll really see a difference is when you have visible interreflections...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I always use that value due to heavy scene's .. the reflection's seem to work better. at the end of the day it's just a simple material .. adjust it to your own use.
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Just want to add:

You can do nearly all shaders with VrayMat + Falloffs + shellac.

But a fact Skin shader (or even an animate able) can be done.

They same goes for speed with falloffs and shellac.

So there is room to improve Vray, maybe in 10 years when Vray 1.6 comes out

regards,

robert

Comment

I agree that nearly every effect can allready be done with the features
          available at present.
          For my part i do not need any front end shaders like carpaint, glass or
          wax because they are to much dependant on the light situation and need a
          lot of work anyway.

I would like to have more faked things. Like faked translucency as offered
          by the raytrace or standard material.
          A selfillumination option with an additional gi multiplier like it exists for
          aura.
          A fast faked skinshader like the new MentalRay Skin Shader.
          And a good volumetric shader would be nice as well.

I don´t know if anything changed in 1.45.
          But with 1.09 it was not possible to render translucency inside a shellac material. Actually it worked with the blur "multi blender". Would be nice
          if this could work with shellac, too.

I also have some ideas for the translucency.
          Instead of a simple color picker for the "fog" color I think it would make
          more sense to split this up into two parameters. A color picker where
          you could just select hue without the possibility to adjust saturation btw.
          black/white levels. (The lighness/saturation is dependend on the thickness
          of the object anyway)

And an additional spinner for brighness that might be called "density"
          that has more than 255 steps. My problem is that for most shaders
          my fog RGB levels look like this 255,251,247.
          This means it´s nearly white in the mat. editor. But dark orange when rendering (again dependig on the object size/ thickness)
          And sometimes the difference between one RGB step is just to big.

Another nice addition to the translucency would be something like a worldscale parameter. When you make a skin shader for example
          and you want to use it in another scene where the objects have a different
          scale your shader is very likely useless due to it will render completely different. Having a scale parameter at this point would make it a lot
          easier to work with ready build shaders in different scenes.

Comment

samuel_bubat I like your ideas. It would be nice to have the options you mentioned in Vray and be able to use them in Render Elements. I hope the new Render Elements in Vray 1.5 are going to support more than just the Vray material as just Vray Material support is very limiting.

Looking forward to 1.5!!!
            rpc212
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Working...
            X