Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animation GI Calc. per-frame not per-field.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation GI Calc. per-frame not per-field.

The topic name is rather strange but ill try to explain.

When theres absolute need to render to fields straight from max and you also happen to be making a moving objects animation and GI calculation, it calculates every prepass on a per-field base. This aplied to a very high gi calculations doubles the render times without need!

It would be nice to have gi calculation for a specific frame, divided in 2 fields, saving a lot of time.

Is it possible?

The problem is that rendering fields is just like rendering twice as many frames, the camera and the objects move in each field, just half as much as each frame.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

I still think it would be nice to have the option to calculate per frame. I'm currently using your IMAP control plugin (many, many thanks) to precalculate the IMAP per frame, than load it back in when it renders fields. Seems to work great, but it would be even better if I could just click a checkbox before I render.

Comment

Re: Animation GI Calc. per-frame not per-field.

Originally posted by migmax3d
        snip..

When theres absolute need to render to fields straight from max..snip
        When is this absolutely necessary?
        Would i not be better to do this in post. If you are thinking that you don't have any applications capable of this, you could download VirtualDub for free. If that wasn't what you were thinking, then you should still download VirtualDub, as its a really fast app.

Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

Working...
        X