Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray FOr Cinema please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray FOr Cinema please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of use cinema users would love an extention for vray. We have evn spent alot fo time trying to replicate a Vray render in Cinema.. http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=154629

i doubt it will happen anytime soon but we would be so very happy if it did..

Yeah. I agree, it would be nice. 3Dmax is a dog of a program to use. I'm sure chaos are doing all they can to get the standalone version of Vray up and running. In the meantime, I will try not to kill myself as I try to get my head around the interface of 3dmax.

Comment

yes please!!!!

You can not imagne how many people are waiting for that!

please make a bridge and you will not regret it!

www.ixor3d.com - VFX & 3D Anim
      Renderfarm Control & Monitor Software

Comment

Just a question to those asking this question.

If they had to write another plug for another 3d package and they had to choose one beside the one they wrote for MAX, which one would you think would be a greatest priority?

I would guess the following order would happen...
        Maya
        SoftImage
        Lightwave
        then maybe Cinema4D

But that is just my guess based on current markets of 3D packages.

Comment

I suppose I would agree with that. Been itching for a reason to learn XSI though. So personally I would switch maya and softimage though.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
            Just a question to those asking this question.

If they had to write another plug for another 3d package and they had to choose one beside the one they wrote for MAX, which one would you think would be a greatest priority?

I would guess the following order would happen...
            Maya
            SoftImage
            Lightwave
            then maybe Cinema4D

But that is just my guess based on current markets of 3D packages.
            Sorry, that's not correct. According to a market reserch, C4D is in the third place after Max and LW, and Maya /XSI is below C4D, regarding to the market shares.

Comment

Sorry, that's not correct. According to a market reserch, C4D is in the third place after Max and LW, and Maya /XSI is below C4D, regarding to the market shares.
              Can you show me that market research? I would love to see it. Not that I don't trust you, it is just that I find it very hard to believe and would have to see the research.

Comment

Not knowing anthing specific, but I would also think that cinema is higher on the list than last. I think maya seems to be used more only cause it gets more publicity because of the animation features.

If vray was available for C4D I would use Modo, C4d, and Vray. (and max only because of acad)

Comment

Working...
                X