DR and Unhalted Exeption.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR and Unhalted Exeption.

Hello Vlado. I have some wishes about DR. Is it possible to control vray Dr from server? Every time when i have vray crash i need to run over all cpu of my render farm and restart VraySpawned on it. And i gettting tierd of Vray Unhalted Exeption. It will be better to not show this message or add turn off option.
    Thanks.
    Dmitry Morozov. AriOrH Studio.

Why are you making new forum policy if you not answer customers questions?

Comment

First of all, I have a sneaky suspicion they might be busy, so answering all questions would be quite difficult.
      Now as for your request, this would be possible if it was set up as a service. You would have access to it on any machine from any machine on the network (though I think you need a domain).
      I allready posted a wish for this allready, but it seems nobody is interested.
      Signing out,
      Christian

Comment

IMO Many wishes go read , noted and unanswered. It is the wishlist after all, not the "I demand to be heard, answered and accomodated list"

I have seen wishes that go unanswered end up included too, so there is a chance...

btw, I agree some remote controls for the spawner would be great.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

There was a script around the forum (make a search please) that was restarting all the spawners on the network. See if that could help you.
          Best Regards,
          Tisho

Comment

Originally posted by TishoChaos
            There was a script around the forum (make a search please) that was restarting all the spawners on the network. See if that could help you.
            as far as i know,
            vrayspawner60.exe -service
            installs the spawner as a service on that machine (just did that and it also works for the 1.45.10 adv)

then you can use a sysinternals tool named "psservice"
            you can find it under pstools on their site (freeware)
            www.sysinternals.com

command line would be
            psservice restart \machine_name "VRaySpawner 60"

psservice also can start/stop/suspend remote services
            needs admin rights of cource

only thing that does not work is changing the priority of services/running processes
            but you could use psexec from the same package to run remote copies of vrayspawner60.exe with non-default priority

another way to restart remote services is to open up the mmc (microsoft management console) and connect it to the services of the other machine

Comment

Thank you Mike. I'll try that.

Comment

hi guys

yeah, it's time consuming to restart all spawners after cancelling a DR-render job.
                cancelling the job during lighmap/irrmap phase, max still continues to calculate on all render-stations (see cpu usage in task-manager).
                you may cancelling the job during rendering phase though.

what i do instead is to kill the 3dmax.exe in the task-manager.
                after this action the spawner does immediatly reload the vraydummy file.

so a script/batch-file should be made that kills all 3dmax.exe on all involved render-stations.
                not a script that kills and restart the spawners; that would be even more time-consuming i think.

greez
                ale

www.indivizuals.ch

Comment

I just thought I'd comment on mikes post. You need to have a network domain for pstools and remote management to work.
                  Where I'm sitting right now, we don't (don't ask me why), so I have to run around like crazy to get things to work
                  Signing out,
                  Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian
                    I just thought I'd comment on mikes post. You need to have a network domain for pstools and remote management to work.
                    Where I'm sitting right now, we don't (don't ask me why), so I have to run around like crazy to get things to work
                    errr doubt that
                    we dont have a domain...
                    all computers are within the same workgroup, that's all

it just resolves computer names

Comment

Hmm...well I'd be very happy if i could get those ps tools to work. It keeps on saying that I hdont have access to the other machines in my cmd window. (I am loged in as administrator, and use the same login on all machines).
                      Have any good tips?
                      Signing out,
                      Christian

Comment

Haven't had the chance to try it but one of my friends mentioned that you may have to actually enable user login (with admin account) on the various computers in order to remotely access them with pstools or via the windows admininstrative tools.
                        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "enable", but all the machines here require one to login with a user name and password. Still we have no access.
                          Signing out,
                          Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian
                            Not sure what you mean by "enable", but all the machines here require one to login with a user name and password. Still we have no access.
                            just scrolling through some old posts of mine:
                            i recently ran into a similar problem in a network consisting of machines using winxp with different service packs

seems pstools or the management console doesnt work from sp2 to sp1 (havent checked the other way round)
                            i get the same message
                            for our other network it worked from win2k to any other machines

cheers,

Mike

Comment

Have a look here, see if this utility kindly provided by dbuchhofer that mite do what you need

http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...960&highlight=

-dave
                              Cheers,
                              -dave
                              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                              X