material quality override

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• material quality override

Just as there is a global subdivisions multiplier; a way to quickly increase or decrease the quality of all settings, it would be nice to have a global materials multiplier.

Just as there is a tick box for turning glossy effects on and off, and there is an override material box, it would be nice to have a global subdivisions multiplier for MATERIALS ALONE.

I.e. you could do all your test renders with relatively low settings, then up your materials subdivisions multiplier for your final renders.

I find that i can set up my rendering final settings quickly enough; irradiance, qmc etc, but I don't want to change all my materials individually.

This would be especially useful for things like glass where i need to see quick reflections for tests, but need crisp settings at the end.

Here is a script to edit all selected VrayMTL's.. came in handy a few times.
    Its a work in progress, but i've got no time to finish it anyone is welcome to take it and continue.

It wouldn't be hard to add a 'subdiv multiplier' option that would just take each "sel[n].material.materiallist[i].reflection_subdivs * multiplier"

Its just that i did the ui with the visual maxscript thing in a few seconds, and its a bitch to edit those.. so adding things might take a few minutes

Anyway, enjoy?.. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/buck47...aymaterials.ms
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

nice idea sv.
      in conjunction it might be usefull to have a global on/off interpolated glossy tick box too, for reflections and refractions separately.

greez
      ale

www.indivizuals.ch

Comment

wow!

thanks.

Comment

the script does that too Deneb.. only for the selected objects' materials instead of globally..

Ideally i'll just add a 'Edit ALL VrayMtls' button.. and options for a subdiv multiplier under reflections and refractions.. probably next time i'm doing rendering work..

Heres a shot of the various options (all working)..

Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

hey, that's pretty cool!
            have to try it out.

btw. are interpolated glossies (refle/refre) really that much faster than
            without interpolation?
            never tried.

ale

www.indivizuals.ch

Comment

Working...
            X