my atempt with vray next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my atempt with vray next

i'm currently doing some test with vray 4, it's extremely slow to update the preview, it's quite slow than vray 3.6, and checking vray dome adaptive i have an advantage of 3 minutes over a a time of 2 h, the difference in the same scene it's about 30 minutes , at present time i have no convenience to update to vray next,the bugs with gpu like some node not workin are the same using 3.6

Originally posted by marcoz View Post
    i'm currently doing some test with vray 4, it's extremely slow to update the preview, it's quite slow than vray 3.6, and checking vray dome adaptive i have an advantage of 3 minutes over a a time of 2 h, the difference in the same scene it's about 30 minutes , at present time i have no convenience to update to vray next,the bugs with gpu like some node not workin are the same using 3.6
    The preview is sucks, best try f12 f12 f12 f12 bla bla.
    Vray is powerful wen you have big scenes.

Comment

One thing I have learned with v-ray Next is that it gives better results with lower settings than 3.6. If you keep settings the same 3.6 can be minutes faster than next, but when lower setting and compare only picture quality then next is a big winner with minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by PablonchoWorks View Post

The preview is sucks, best try f12 f12 f12 f12 bla bla.
        Vray is powerful wen you have big scenes.
        ...i''m starting to hate F12...

Comment

Originally posted by haikalle View Post
          One thing I have learned with v-ray Next is that it gives better results with lower settings than 3.6. If you keep settings the same 3.6 can be minutes faster than next, but when lower setting and compare only picture quality then next is a big winner with minutes.
          it's right, so dome adaptive light affect only the quality at the same time?

Comment

This is a good article about the topic:

https://www.chaosgroup.com/blog/keep...-next-for-maya

Comment

Originally posted by marcoz View Post

...i''m starting to hate F12...
              Have to close the window every time, well... that's even worse! XD

Comment

I've tested Vray Next (Trial) last month.
                From the tests I've done so far I noticed with Adaptive Dome Light I can raise Color Threshold (and keep MSR at 6) and still have less noise than with 3.6.
                With 3.6 I used to raise MSR to 12 or 16 to clean the same noise.

But at least for now, honestly, only for it (without IPR or 2.8 support) still doesn't worth the upgrade price tag in my case.

architect at oona

Comment

Originally posted by leandro_cs View Post
                  I've tested Vray Next (Trial) last month.
                  From the tests I've done so far I noticed with Adaptive Dome Light I can raise Color Threshold (and keep MSR at 6) and still have less noise than with 3.6.
                  With 3.6 I used to raise MSR to 12 or 16 to clean the same noise.

But at least for now, honestly, only for it (without IPR or 2.8 support) still doesn't worth the upgrade price tag in my case.
                  Glad to hear the adaptive dome light works better. Did you need to do light portals to have it work optimally?

I'm in the same boat about cost/benefit of upgrading. Without IPR, I'm not sure it will be worth upgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
                    Did you need to do light portals to have it work optimally?
                    No portals, just a regular domelight (with vraysky or hdr) and let lightcache does the dirt job.
                    For interiors it's great, although for exteriors, the render times (and quality) are very close to what I get in 3.6.
                    architect at oona

Comment

Working...
                    X