V-Ray/Blender 2.49.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V-Ray/Blender 2.49.7 RC

Vray for maya is released and if I understand well you can also purchase vray standalone.
    See this extract taken from www.vray.info

"Additional V-Ray Standalone licenses are available for purchase with suggested end user price of USD299 / EUR249 per computer. Outrageous volume discounts are applicable for all V-Ray products. Order prices in US Dollars or Euro is applied depending on specific country of order placement. Please, contact our sales representative or distributor for pricing information at sales.software@chaosgroup.com"

It says additional, but perhaps we can buy it, just to use it with Blender.
    Just to let everyone know.

greetz

Comment

vrayexport_2.49.8.py

StompinTom
      Will there be any releases before Blender 2.5 or at least any tweaks?
      Of course yes!

I hope the speed comes back!
      And this finally happen! I fix it!
      The problem was in data storage (obj.data.properties is slower than obj.properties) so I left obj.data.properties only for lights. Now speed is like in 1.1.0 =)
      I also add full Dupli support including library linking with DupliGroup.
      Animation will be rewritten in a couple of days to make everything animatable.
      I've also rewrite a lot of code so please test it =)

jorisAR
      Thanks for info!
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

you. are. the. shit.

thanks so much man! off to test....

Comment

bah. seems like you have to reset your camera settings... i was wondering why my images are coming out blindingly white, but looks like the new script fries all the camera settings in the Vray panel. everything else is so far so good...

Comment

If i buy this v-ray standalone, it will work with script??

Comment

Zefff
              It should work fine, though Andrey would be able to answer that better. I don't think the scene format would change between the Maya beta version and the standalone...

Andrey
              The script is SO much faster for rendering! Thanks! So far, so good. I think the camera matching between Blender and Vray has gone a bit wonky though... They don't match up nearly as well as before. I'll try to post something when I get home. Haven't tried animation yet... is it working?

Comment

If i buy this v-ray standalone, it will work with script??
                Yes, it will.

Haven't tried animation yet... is it working?
                Its working, but I recommend to wait a little until I finish my additions.

I don't think the scene format would change between the Maya beta version and the standalone...
                V-Ray Standalone was a part of V-Ray For Maya and now it is a separate product.
                Support Request

Comment

vrayexport_2.49.9.py

Animation improved:
                  - you only need to select if mesh changes during animation (dynamic) or not (static) (objects positions are exported automatically)
                  - every control supported by exporter and by Blender's animation system is now exported to animation
                  - some new bugs =)

I'll try to update documentation soon.

This must be new stable version so lets test it hard! =)
                  Support Request

Comment

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for this new and very complete release.

I made some tests and for now I noticed that using the frenel on raymirror tab seems to produce a very high reflection result.

I'll come later on with some other remarks.

All the best

Comment

Hi again Andrey,

I played a bit with particule system and overall it works fine, however I have some remarks :

It seems that rotation is not applied to the instances.

When "object" mode is used for the particule system the instances are well created but if I use "group", nothing appens. Looking into the code I see that you check if system type is 7 (object) so maybe you could add a check on 8 (group), but of course the instances should correspond to each object of the group.

Also, I get a lot of messages in the blender console (warning: Unknown property "objectID" in object "Node_.........").

Edit : It seems that the emitter is not rendered even if emitter option is selected in the particules settings.

Comment

It seems that rotation is not applied to the instances.
                        In Hair mode - yes. In other mode it should.

Looking into the code I see that you check if system type is 7 (object) so maybe you could add a check on 8 (group), but of course the instances should correspond to each object of the group.
                        Ok. Added to my TODO.

Also, I get a lot of messages in the blender console (warning: Unknown property "objectID" in object "Node_.........").
                        Your vray's version just doesn't support it.

It seems that the emitter is not rendered even if emitter option is selected in the particules settings.
                        Ops, I missed that control and create my own called "Show emitter" (Render panel -> Pipeline -> Show emitter)
                        Support Request

Comment

Thanks Andrey,

Did you consider my previous post regarding the frenel on raymir tab ?

Regarding the particule system I found the show emitter option and indeed it works but the problem is that it activates it for all particule system in the scene even those for which I don't want the emitter to be rendered. Also I found another problem, when the same object is used as particule for several particule instances only one of them works.

I continue my tests ...
                          All the best and even more

Comment

enricocerica
                            Did you consider my previous post regarding the frenel on raymir tab ?
                            I don't remember if i change anything with fresnel. Can you show me the difference?

I continue my tests ...
                            Thanks for testing!
                            Support Request

Comment

[quote:2o72hh0u]Looking into the code I see that you check if system type is 7 (object) so maybe you could add a check on 8 (group), but of course the instances should correspond to each object of the group.
                              Ok. Added to my TODO.[/quote:2o72hh0u]
                              Ops, impossible to do - API limitation or I miss some tricks how to get group name.

Version 2.49.9 marked as stable. I'm updating download page.
                              Support Request

Comment

Working...
                              X