X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V-Ray/Blender Experimental

Hi,
    I'm not sure what these errors may come from.
    I can share a link to a build merged according to Andrey's instructions, that's proven to work (on 64 bit Vista and 7).
    www.eurorender.com/43742_V2B_RT.zip

Comment

just downloaded this new build get errors sorry if noob question

Code:
      V-Ray/Blender: V-Ray found in: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2009/Maya.app/Contents/vray/bin/vray
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/Users/migero/Desktop/vrayblender-2.63-46728-x86/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.63/scripts/startup/vrayblender/render_ops.py", line 981, in render
          vrayblender.render.render(self, scene)
        File "/Users/migero/Desktop/vrayblender-2.63-46728-x86/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.63/scripts/startup/vrayblender/render.py", line 1583, in render
          run(engine, bus)
        File "/Users/migero/Desktop/vrayblender-2.63-46728-x86/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.63/scripts/startup/vrayblender/render.py", line 1504, in run
          err  = process.grab_image(filepath)
        File "/Users/migero/Desktop/vrayblender-2.63-46728-x86/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.63/scripts/startup/vrayblender/process.py", line 204, in grab_image
          jpeg_file = open(filepath, 'wb')
      IOError: [Errno 45] Operation not supported: '/dev/shm/vrayblender_render.jpg'

Comment

nice experimental but i have stupid question how to open vray franbuffer into blender ?!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uflZvIrqwD4
        Intelยฎ Coreโ„ข i5 -7600K Processor ..16GB composed of 2- 8192MB DDR4 ....NVIDIA GeForceยฎ GTX 1070 PCI Express 8 gb

Comment

It nearly works for me.
          I use the version from voytov above. It renders geometry, but when I add a vray material, console write :
          " Plugin "brdfVrayMtlMaMaterial"not found ", and it doesn't show the material in render

It's strange, I've reinstalled last version of Vray, but I have the same issue.

Any clue?

By the way, I tried changing the vb25 folder of the last vray build on github with the one downloadable here, and the vray Realtime option doesn't show up in menu.

Comment

Hey that is teriffic an IR renderer with VRay inside Blender!

Comment

Ups!..
              Fixed.
              (I missed it in a hurry. But please note this was no kind of any "official" build. Just testing reference.)
              The "eurorender.com" link will not work any more.

The new one with correct (I guess) set of components is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12166480/43742_V2B_RT.rar

But I don't know if it will work with current V-Ray nightly builds.
              Good luck!

Comment

On one of my Pc's it sometimes freezes.
                Is it possible to make same pack on blender 2.63 ?
                Damian, motion-designer in http://www.lazniak.com

Comment

How is realtime update coming along? Would it support cuda? Seems like it's still in alpha stage which is a shame because in my opinion it's a feature that could easly sway many new users to using vray in blender - chaosgroup is constantly improving progressive rendering on gpu allowing for the same result as in traditional method, adding support for complex materials etc. Even putting cuda aside rt in cpu mode is easily fast enough for material tweaking with instant feedback (and supporting all features). Additionaly faster export times would be nice especially for animations - I remember reading some news about this beeing worked on. Sorry if it seems like an unjustified rant of demads - especially when You are sacrificing your free time and effort to make us all happy an all that for free. It's just that I find these features very crucial to workflow and it would be nice to know If we can have hope for it's implementation in anywhere between near to distant future.

Comment

Would it support cuda?
                    Its already supported - "Use OpenCL" enables GPU.

Additionaly faster export times would be nice especially for animations - I remember reading some news about this beeing worked on.
                    Use custom build - its made to speedup export.

But you are right - I have to find some time to merge full rt support to the main vb25 branch.
                    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                    Support Request

Comment

Are there still any differences between windows and linuks/ubuntu builds regarding render feedback (as written in the first post)? I tried windows custom build and render feedback works but not exactly: moving objects always works, the same with adjusting lights power but materials don't always "catch" changes, new object don't "appear" and choosing carpaint or sss freezes framebuffer. I wanted to try linuks build but can't find one in download section (only windows and mac). When I tried using autobuild I got some errors during build process so no luck here. Could You provide us with linuks build (of course as long as there isn't any specific problem with compiling it that I don't know about since I'm a totall noob in the matter)?

Comment

by d_boy ยป 14 Apr 2012, 10:35

you need to install a custom blender version. from here
                        https://github.com/bdancer/vb25/downloads
                        no files there to download...

and every blender custom build i downloaded doesn't show Vray at top button!

only the custombuild in the homepage works on my mac
                        but even if i update the exporter .. the Vray just disappears from top render button.

what can i do?

thanks

Comment

ok now i can see the button v-ray realtime.

but doesn't works at all!

give me error in console

AttributeError:

etc etc

i'm on Mac osx 10.8.2 and Blender 2.66

thanks

Comment

So is this RT implemented into current builds?

BTW amazing work, I hope it will be developed faster now when CG is backing you!
                            - H -

Comment

I'm working on this right now, but can't say anything about timing.
                              V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                              andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                              Support Request

Comment

Is this no longer hosted on github? I wanted to see a reference implementation of writing a vrscene...

Comment

Working...
                                X