vrayblender2 vs vrayblender3 - speed issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrayblender2 vs vrayblender3 - speed issue

First I must say I am very new to vrayblender3 so I might make some errors on my evaluation.
    So I ask yo please to correct me if I am wrong.

I installed vray standalone beta 3 from the nightlies and fired Andrey's vrayblender2 2.71 build from 2014-08-01.
    I opened an old xfrog tree, sun and vray sky and irradiance map and light cache. Pretty much the defaults.
    I render it and I reduced my render time in 20% if I compare to vray standalone 2.0.
    You can see it in this post.

After that I fired up Andrey's vrayblender3 2.71 build from 2014-08-28.
    (Sorry Andrey but these days the nightlies page is down and I can't have a newer build to test new features like fresnell curves, but I'll promise I will as soon as the server is up)
    I opened the same scene and I tried to use convert materials. It just didn't work.
    The world environment was also wrong.
    So I decided to clean it up and generate materials from scratch with that awesome blender nodes.
    At the same time I also made the simple vray sky and sun with nodes.
    I looked at the settings and saw that the blender defaults have also changed. No problem, I corrected them and they were exactly the same as vrayblender2.
    I rendered the scene and I came to these conclusions:
    1) The render time more than doubled!
    2) The light decay is messed. You have much less light flowing into the scene.

So I ask:
    - Can anyone confirm this?
    - Andrey, do you want my scenes to test it?

P.S.: Don't get me wrong. I was quite astonished by the amount of work that is already finished. At the same time vrayblender3 is the future and a marvellous evolution for vray users with a more powerfull workflow!
    Attached Files
    Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Solved

Ok, I feel a bit embarassed...
    But I have to admit I was completly wrong.
    I had different sampling settings on both files...
    So the times are now compatible and vrayblender3 is even faster!
    Concerning the light decay...I have to admit i was also wrong.
    I overrided the materials and the light is the same. (see the atached images)
    I now see that the problem of the shadowed vrayblender3 image I had before was the result of the opacity map didn't worked the same way... So, it seems I have a black border on the leafs.
    Attached Files
    Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Comment

yes, I was wondering about the leaf alphas, hope you figure it out. Make sure any alpha map has filtering turned off.

Comment

Oh god !! with embree on is up to 50% faster with my i7 and vray3.05.03, Unlike vray 2.4.
        I am really happy Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	854320

Comment

Working...
        X