No announcement yet.

V-Ray for Blender 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samplerate/Noiselevel with Bucket Image Sampler do not Work ->vrayblender35-2.78-f3a7cf6-x86_64-windows

Comment

• > Samplerate/Noiselevel with Bucket Image Sampler do not Work

Enable "Filtering" option on the node.
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

• Thank you. What is this doing ? Does it make sense to be deactivated there ?

yours
        Damir

Comment

• Caustics do not Work properly. With the Option "Show calculation phase" i can clearly see correct Caustics. When i try to render without that option Caustics are not visible. Saving the Caustic map stores a small (400b) vrmap - but the console says it generates a 5 MB file.

I can upload a scene iif you need it.

cheers

Comment

• Still no interactive mode for vray RT? !!!!!! How long will it take to wait? One year, two years, never ?
            This is what keeps from using effectively true to vray for blender.
            that is a great shame for users.
            Last edited by gaia; 22-02-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Please be patient. Bdancer and his group work hard to implement RT.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaia View Post
                Still no interactive mode for vray RT? !!!!!! How long will it take to wait? One year, two years, never ?
                This is what keeps from using effectively true to vray for blender.
                that is a great shame for users.
                I share your frustration but please try to be constructive. Squash out bugs and do support.

cheers

Comment

• Sorry for my impatience,I support the work of this version. but without the interactive mode, V-ray for blender is not exploitable for fast production. I keep a close watch on v-ray for blender since a long time. The version of v-ray for modo had its interractive mode very early. I wonder what blocks with blender. renderman for blender works with interractive mode. I would be curious to know what blocks technically and where progress is made.
                  Last edited by gaia; 23-02-2017, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• > I would be curious to know what blocks technically and where progress is made.

The GPL license blocks the progress. We have to implement an intermediate network layer to make interactive mode possible.
                    Support Request

Comment

• Thank you for your response Bdancer, The GPL license is a really problem.
                      Can you tell us the state of advancement of intermediate network layer ?

Bravery for this feature.

Comment

• > Can you tell us the state of advancement of intermediate network layer?

It's done, but we need some time to solve some licensing issues and we'll be ready for public testing.
                        Support Request

Comment

• There are still errors with MultiID node.

Look at the setup below.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayMultiID_error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	866723

These the 3 scenario:
                          1 - leaving just the MultiID without any color input give me an error trying to render (the error you can see in the attached image)
                          2 - put one of those color input into the MultiID first "default" input give me an error trying to render (the error you can see in the attached image)
                          3 - if you connect all the 3 color input nodes into the MultiID, it render always the second MultiID input (the one below the "default" input)

Comment

• 3. Have you set "Pass Index" for the objects you have this material applied? In "Object ID" mode "Pass Index" is used (Object buttons -> "Relations" -> "Pass Index").
                            Support Request

Comment

• yes..as you can see

Click image for larger version

Name:	MultiID_objPassIndex.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	866726

Comment

• Originally posted by bardo View Post
                                yes..as you can see

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36337[/ATTACH]
                                Latest nightlies (4002c3c) should have this fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X