Vray RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All,

I just downloaded Vray fo Blender again, but still can't find any switch for real-time viewport? Is it possible that not implemented yet? We are waiting for that for ages.

Comment

No, real-time integration is not implemented yet.

Comment

Thanks. Is there a roadmap for it? I think it was like 3-4 years ago when it was in a very basic stage on a video (correct me if I'm wrong).

Comment

AlmaTalp, we still have some licensing questions we wanna sort out before releasing RT support. Not easy to be compliant with GPL...
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

What parts are not GPL compliant ?
            Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

As I wrote earlier I'm still using Blender4Vray without RT support and working with success. Bdancer promised, that there'll RT support in the future, so I believe him and I will wait for that. Keep going!

Comment

Originally posted by kontrolermpl View Post
                As I wrote earlier I'm still using Blender4Vray without RT support and working with success. Bdancer promised, that there'll RT support in the future, so I believe him and I will wait for that. Keep going!
                Same! V-Ray for Blender is my primary workflow. I'm very glad to hear from bdancer that the efforts are ongoing to resolve the licensing issues regarding RT integration.

Comment

When will it happen? This year?

Comment

JuhaW

> What parts are not GPL compliant?

There is a pretty tricky part about networking https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Ge...ublic_License:

By contrast, pipes, sockets and command-line arguments are communication mechanisms normally used between two separate programs.
                    So when they are used for communication, the modules normally are separate programs.
                    But if the semantics of the communication are intimate enough, exchanging complex internal data structures, that too could be a basis to consider the two parts as combined into a larger program.
                    We wanna make sure that our protocol used for RT is compliant with this.
                    Support Request

Comment

Originally posted by bdancer View Post
                      JuhaW

We wanna make sure that our protocol used for RT is compliant with this.
                      Once again thank you very much for your work on rt integration!
                      Vrayblender is also my prefered workflow.
                      I know you will get a clean communication mechanism that separates both codes.
                      Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Comment

Commercial Octane render uses also server software between Blender and render engine, for RT in Blender.
                        Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

That is, it is possible. Question, when?

Comment

JuhaW, then this part of the GPL may apply for Octane as well. I've never seen it's Blender source so I've no idea.
                            eosek, as soon as possible.
                            Support Request

Comment

Working...
                            X