No announcement yet.

Add OSL node?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you let me know how my shaders hold up if you have a chance? Every program works a bit differently UI-wise with small things to keep in mind when writing them.
    Rens Heeren
    Generalist
    WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Hi Rens, thanks for checking in! Yeah, I started playing with the arch glass shader, but I can't seem to find the correct node to connect the noise mapping to the OSL material. Hope the developers can weigh in. The glass itself seems to render fine, and I can set the parameters in the shader. However, when I try to enable the noise map, I get a blank render of the glass. In the render below, I set up a layered glass shader on the left which is what I would generally expect the arch-glass shader to look like, and the glass on the right is the OSL shader with the normal map disabled (set to "0")

Andy
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest nightly (02d33a4) should fix this. Though you must manually update the OSL nodes that were saved with previous builds. From this one the node should update correctly automatically, if there are problems please write again.

Comment

Didn't seem to change anything. I tried reloading the OSL node. The node seems fine, but it looks like it wants a normal map input (pink dot) but I can't find any node to convert the noise map to a normal map.

Comment

I played around some more with the OSL node using the arch glass setup. Seems just using a normal map is fine for the input, so I think that's resolved. The issue in my testing seems to be that the material does not reflect everything in the scene. The shader preview shows reflections, and it looks like the ball in the scene reflects the floor, but none of the lights or adjacent objects show up. Here is a test scene for perusal. EDIT: actually, I'm not sure what it's reflecting. I modified the file slightly to look from another viewpoint.

Andy
            Attached Files
            Last edited by andybot_cg; 27-04-2017, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I'm working with the complex IOR shader. The file keeps crashing when I start a render. Not consistently, but often crashes out of Blender. Please check attached file. If I move my focus to a different window sometimes it renders fine. Seems to crash pretty consistently if I have the mouse focus on the compositing window.
              Thanks,

Andy
              Attached Files

Comment

Turns out the missing reflections are bug in standalone, the issue is logged.

Comment

Working...
                X