No announcement yet.

Distributed Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, you can send me a message with the scene, or you can send it to support@chaosgroup.com as well. Just add a link to this thread, so we know where the scene comes from.

Thank you!
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hi there!

I am sending you the scene as discussed.
      Vectorworks to Cinema 4D 3.7 Material Converter Convert Bitmaps Realod Bitmaps saved. Opened with Vray 5 and converted the materials.
      I hope someone can help me already invested a lot of time but didn't find the error?

Thank you very much!
      Attached Files
      Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

Hi there!

Now I have found the problem, I believe, when two objects collide directly, this error bucket is created during Distribudet Rendering! But there are no bucket errors with local rendering? How am I supposed to control this.

Thank you very much

Comment

You can set the "Secondary Rays Bias" parameter to a different value (0.1 or 0.5 or even more) and this might fix the rendering. However, it is important to fix your geometry before rendering and in general you need to avoid having double (overlapping) faces on one object at any cost. The reason why it gives you different results is that when you have 2 overlapping faces, V-Ray cannot decide which one of them is in the front and which one is in the back (the Secondary Rays helps in that matter, but won't always fix those errors). What happens is that in your main machine if V-Ray decides that "plane1" for example is in the front and starts rendering it while on the other machine it might decide that the other face is in the front and therefore render it different. You should always optimise such geometry before rendering since overlapping faces could cause a lot more problems than the one that you're experiencing now. For example having more faces will consume more RAM that you could save otherwise.

Here is a screenshot and where you can find it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	SecRB.png Views:	5 Size:	233.9 KB ID:	1099938
          Last edited by shaio; 22-01-2021, 09:24 AM.
          Ivan Shaykov
          chaos.com

Comment

Thank you shaio!

Comment

I have one more question in the content browser are all objects displayed without color does any of you also have these problems?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi there After hours of troubleshooting I found the cause. If an object in the drawing has not assigned a C4d Pong tag, the Distribudet Rendering will generate bucket errors! this is irrelevant for local rendering. Everything else, whether it is a C4d shader or a Vray bitmap, does not matter now everything works fine!
                Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi Wohnraumdesign, it seems this missing Phong tag issue is causing problems, since this is the second report for them missing and causing DR issues. I will raise the priority of this issue to be investigated sooner.
                  Deyan Hadzhiev
                  Developer
                  chaos.com

Comment

Hello Wohnraumdesign ,

The issue with the missing Phong tags has been fixed in the latest stable builds. You can download and install it from here:

https://nightlies.chaosgroup.com/mai...table/20210203
                    Aleksandar Kasabov
                    chaos.com

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Yes, as soon as our files get to be about 4-5gb in file size, the DR errors out completely rendering ONLY locally and all other machines either crash or render black. I can provide many examples of this, but would have to share privately because they are client files.

We have built every material for Vray 5 and they work on everything unless our file gets too large, then just stops working on DR but will render on local. We've had to cheat a lot to get stuff to render by deleting anything that wasn't seen.

Comment

Hello Brian3D ,

Could you please create a ticket via our contact form here and share an example scene where the issue is reproducible? Please mention this thread in the message.
                          Aleksandar Kasabov
                          chaos.com

Comment

Hello! I have installed Nieghtlies Build 30578. I have the problem with distributed rendering when I render a project with several single images with Stage that the first image is rendered ok by both computers but when it switches to the second image, the local PC calculates image two but the render slave still renders image 1?

Comment

Hello Wohnraumdesign ,

This has already been discussed here. We are aware of this issue it might soon be fixed in the stable nightly builds. I will keep you updated.
                              Aleksandar Kasabov
                              chaos.com

Comment

Hello I asked already in another Post, if I can freeze my DR Licence, which I purchased in Dec.
                                As I am not using Vray5 for Production.

Comment

Working...
                                X