Vray 5, Cinema 4d, Isometric View render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5, Cinema 4d, Isometric View render

Hello, is there a way to render a isometric view in cinem 4d using Vray 5 render??

Hi Walter,
    you can delete the Vray physical camera tag and use a standard Cinema4D camera, then it should work. Notice that the standard camera won't have a proper exposure when dealing with Vray lights intensity so you will need to 1) tune your lights accordingly or 2) activate the auto exposure option from the override tab inside the Vray render settings.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

That's a pretty good tip, sirio76!

Do correct me if I'm wrong - you can also use a V-Ray 5 Physical Camera Camera and change the Object / Focal Length to 300 "Super Tele (300 mm)" . Though I'm not 100% sure if this is true isometric
      Click image for larger version

Name:	isometric.PNG
Views:	1064
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	1100920

Comment

Though I'm not 100% sure if this is true isometric
        It is a good and close workaround but not true isometric. If you try to render an isometric camera without the physical camera tag as Sirio suggested you will end up with e warning that informs that this camera isn't supported and the rendering won't start at all. I'll discuss this with the devs and check what could be done about this. I'll update the post when I have more information.
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

axonometrics are possibe in vray 5,without tricks:

if you go to rendersettings/camera/ orthogonal vray renders an axonometric view (isometrich IS an axonomatric view),
          only in a certain angle which you can set also manually easy.

Comment

Either way I think it will be best for everyone if we make it work directly from the camera or per camera overrides since it will have a visual representation within the viewport and could be used in multiple cameras.
            Ivan Shaykov
            chaos.com

Comment

Thanks, this will help

Comment

"Either way I think it will be best for everyone if we make it work directly from the camera or per camera overrides since it will have a visual representation within the viewport and could be used in multiple cameras."

yes would ne good

Comment

Hi - any news on easily setting up Isometric / Paralell view along with true editor camera preview?
                  www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

I requested this feature months ago from the development team, they told me it was on the to-do list but not a priority. They pointed out to me that this is normal behavior of vray and the physical camera, it seems to me that it works like this also with 3ds max and maya

Comment

Hi at all, is there any update to this issue? Would be great, since I need a solution. Otherwise I would have to switch to another renderer for this job.

Comment

Hello simon_eugster,

We haven't yet added support for Isometric Camera in V-Ray for Cinema4D. This is on our to-do list and we will let you know once this is done. Thanks for your understanding.
                        Aleksandar Kasabov
                        chaos.com

Comment

Hello Aleksandar

I've seen that isometric camera is possible now. That's great! I checked it out with a simple test scene. But I'm having troubles with placing an object on the right spot:
                          - I placed a physical camera into the set and switched the perspective (camera menu "object") to isometric
                          - In the set is also a floor and a cube.
                          - positioning the cube was already tricky (move and search). As you can see in the coordinate window, the numbers are pretty weired.
                          - to light the scene I placed a simple sun light

When I render the scene, the image is half black (below the ground?) and have with light. But the cube is not showing up. Even when I move the camera around – see second screenshot – the image in the vfb does not change at all.

What am I doing wrong? How do you set up this scene correctly? Thank you in advance for your help!

(Cinema R26, MacOS Monterey 12.5.1, V-Ray 6 v6.00.03)

Comment

Hello simon_eugster,

In order to correctly match the viewport with the rendering you will need to delete the V-Ray Physical camera tag.
                            Aleksandar Kasabov
                            chaos.com

Comment

Thank you Aleksandar for your answer. Works perfectly now!

Comment

Working...
                              X