No announcement yet.

How to import vrscenes into C4D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried importing .vrscene from 3ds max to Cinema 4D, but the rig was not transferred and geometry wasn't editable. We can't really do anything with the model, just render it or add things around, which isn't enough for what we want to do. Is editable geometry and rig-transfer planned or should we move to another solution?

Comment

Hello martin_martin,

We have some ideas for making this possible, however, they are not with high priority as those need to be carefully considered.

I will let you know if we have any updates in the future. Thanks.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Hello aleksandar.kasabov any update on getting Modo V-Ray materials into C4D V-Ray?

Comment

Hello SharkNinja,

For now we don't have updates on that yet, but we will be working on adding a way to do that. I am afraid that I cannot provide any specific timelines but we will let you know once we have updates on the matter. Thank you.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Hello SharkNinja,

As you might have already seen in the Announcements section, we just released V-Ray 6 for Cinema4D, Update 2. With it, we introduced many new features and improvements, along with numerous bug fixes. One of the new features is the ability to import vrscene files as native objects inside Cinema4D. Check this page for more information on the matter. We also introduced the VRmat material and VRmat node material which you can also use to transfer materials to Cinema4D from other DCCs. More information can be found here and here. You can download the latest builds from here. I hope you will enjoy the new features!
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Great news, thankyou aleksandar.kasabov

Comment

Working...
              X