Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive displacement from material node

Hi,

I have created a node material that uses a single Maxon Noise node to drive the diffuse, refraction, and scatter color of a material. I'm loving this new workflow, and have been wishing for it for a long time. I'm wondering if there is a way to use this same material to drive the displacement tag of the object it's applied to. Being able to do this without having to constantly copy/paste the noise setup would be awesome.

Thanks,

Jay

Bumping this

Comment

Hi GMTJay, we have plans for adding a dedicated displacement port in the V-Ray material nodes, so what you want will be achievable once we implement it.
      Deyan Hadzhiev
      Developer
      chaos.com

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

Has anything happened on this feature (forgive me if it has and I just missed it)?

Comment

Hey GMTJay
            It still in our to-do list. First we had to add support for the "Context" input of some V-Ray Nodes, which we did with today's release that will give more flexible UV control for most of the texture and bitmap nodes, and now we will start working on implementing the displacement as well. Thank you for your patience.
            Ivan Shaykov
            chaos.com

Comment

Thanks, Shaio

Comment

Is there an update two years later? That would also be the solution for my current thread.

Thanks!

Comment

I think about this everytime I delete the displacement tex out of the node editor, then load that same material into the displacement tag. It doesn't take a ton of time but its not the most elegant workflow. And don't get me started about how it gets when you want to add a UVW channel for example and have to coordinate everything.

Comment

Working...
                  X