X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VolumeGrid phase function

Hi,

I saw the phase function mentioned in your vray 6 implementation of Maya, 3dsmax and Houdini but can’t find the option in C4D. Does it come under a different name or is it not implemented yet?

Also, i have a second question again on the VolumeGrid. In Redshift and Arnold, there is no need to define a color gradient for fire, it automatically gets calculated with realistic blackbody calculation. Is there such a setting in c4d to calculate a realistic gradient based on real world physic?

Thanks
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 22-02-2023, 11:57 PM.

Hello jd_morani,

The Phase Function parameter for V-Ray VolumeGrid has been implemented in the newest stable build. Feel free to check it out here.

The new parameter can be found in the Rendering menu of the V-Ray VolumeGrid, Smoke Color > Phase Function.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by viktor_angelov; 24-01-2023, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Hi jd_morani

Sorry for the late reply. This option is currently not available in V-Ray for Cinema 4D and soon will be added. I'll update the thread when we add it to our Stable build installers.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by jd_morani View Post
        Also, i have a second question again on the VolumeGrid. In Redshift and Arnold, there is no need to define a color gradient for fire, it automatically gets calculated with realistic blackbody calculation. Is there such a setting in c4d to calculate a realistic gradient based on real world physic?
        Yes, such parameter exist for the V-Ray VolumeGrid as well. It's named Physically Based and is located under the Fire rollout. More info on how it works could be found in our documentation page. Let me know if this helps.
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hello jd_morani,

The Phase Function parameter for V-Ray VolumeGrid has been implemented in the newest stable build. Feel free to check it out here.

The new parameter can be found in the Rendering menu of the V-Ray VolumeGrid, Smoke Color > Phase Function.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by viktor_angelov; 24-01-2023, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X