Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup Team Render Server so my results get saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup Team Render Server so my results get saved?

Hello guys,

We are currently preparing for our own GPU render server and I am doing some tests with C4Ds Team Render Server software. I get the clients to render the image, I can see that the hardware usage of the machines indicates that we are rendering a image, but Team Render doesnt save the result.

We are using Textures in the Test Scene that have absolut paths to our storage server, the saving path is also a absolut path to the same server. When I render the test file locally it works as expected. The server PC also has full access to the storage so there is no permission issue from there. The logs also suggest that the rendering has suceeded. We render the project on C4D 2023.2.2 and VRAY 6.00.04 with GPU Cuda rendering. Am I missing something? Shouldnt this work right out of the box?

Hi jonas_schneider - are you using the V-Ray output system or the native one? Keep in mind that when using the Team Render system, only the native save system actually works. If you need the output saved with the V-Ray Output System, you should use the V-Ray Distributed Rendering system.
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
      Hi jonas_schneider - are you using the V-Ray output system or the native one? Keep in mind that when using the Team Render system, only the native save system actually works. If you need the output saved with the V-Ray Output System, you should use the V-Ray Distributed Rendering system.
      Hey, yes we are using the Native C4D system.

Comment

Hi jonas_schneider

Does this occur with a specific scene or is reproducible with every scene you create?

With that being said, please share with us a scene that reproduces the issue so we can investigate further. Make sure to send all the textures and assets needed. Also, do share the logs with us as well.
        You can share the files here or through our system: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Comment

Originally posted by viktor_angelov View Post
          Hi jonas_schneider

Does this occur with a specific scene or is reproducible with every scene you create?

With that being said, please share with us a scene that reproduces the issue so we can investigate further. Make sure to send all the textures and assets needed. Also, do share the logs with us as well.
          You can share the files here or through our system: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
          Sorry for the late reply. This happens with basicly all files. I did a test scene with only a Cube, a Dome Light and a rough metal texture. The logs said that the render is completed but nothing was saved.

But we are also thinking about using Deadline from now on. Seems like the better solution for us

Comment

Thank you for the information. Could you share with us the build you are using so we can test it ourselves?

Meanwhile, you could install the latest official version of V-Ray for Cinema 4D and test with it: https://download.chaos.com/?platform=70&product=47

Additionally, could you please show us the path you have set to save the renders? You could set it to the desktop to check if it will be saved successfully.

Comment

Thank you for the information. Could you share with us the build you are using so we can test it ourselves?

Meanwhile, you could install the latest official version of V-Ray for Cinema 4D and test with it: https://download.chaos.com/?platform=70&product=47

Additionally, could you please show us the path you have set to save the renders? You could set it to the desktop to check if it will be saved successfully.
              So we are using Cinema 4D 2023.2.2 and VRAY 6.00.04. Reason for this is bug VC4D-1868​. Our workflow doesnt really allow to upgrade on the latest version.
              I attached you a very simple scene that is unable to save, I left the saving location in the render settings.

Thanks for your support
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello jonas_schneider

We investigated the situation and discussed it with the developers. The issue you are facing with the Team Rendered is in the builds you are using. The latest V-Ray builds are working as expected, saving the output.

I understand that you are unable to update currently due to the VC4D-1868. We will make sure to contact you once the matter is resolved.

Comment

Hello jonas_schneider

We investigated the situation and discussed it with the developers. The issue you are facing with the Team Rendered is in the builds you are using. The latest V-Ray builds are working as expected, saving the output.

I understand that you are unable to update currently due to the VC4D-1868. We will make sure to contact you once the matter is resolved.
                  Thank you for the help, as always the support team is helping me a lot.

Do you guys have any ide when this bug will be fixed? I opened this bugreport 4 months ago and I still think that its a essentail feature that needs to work.

Comment

jonas_schneider The issue itself has been already fixed internally. However, we are unable to pick it for the minor updates and will have to wait for a major one.

As a company policy, we are unable to share any ETAs regarding future update and implementations. We will contact you once it is available.

Comment

jonas_schneider The issue itself has been already fixed internally. However, we are unable to pick it for the minor updates and will have to wait for a major one.

As a company policy, we are unable to share any ETAs regarding future update and implementations. We will contact you once it is available.
                      That is enough information. Looking forward to this fix. Thanks for the help Viktor!

Comment

Working...
                      X