OCIO Vray Bitmap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCIO Vray Bitmap

I watched the Tutorial "Understanding and setting ip ACEScg in V-ray for C4D" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5z7giSDglg
    Setup was easy and understandable.

But I am a bit confused about loading bitmaps: How do I find out, in wich colorspace a texture was made? Only with the File Name Extension?
    I guess most of them are sRGB. So the TransferFunction has to be sRGB and the RGB Primaries also? Or do the Primaries has to be switched to ACEScg?

Hi ​rohdan,

It is important to know how your textures were created or exported. Unfortunately, if you didn't create or export the textures yourself, you cannot verify the color space in which they were made. (In most of the cases, if you have 8-bit images, they are created in the sRGB color space)

The Transfer Function handles the gamma value of the texture. Setting sRGB for Transfer Function tells V-Ray that a linear color space is needed so the final rendered output matches the expected end result. If we look at RGB Primaries - If this is set to the default RGB option, then the loaded texture is considered to be made in the sRGB color space. The same applies if you choose ACEScg - it will consider the texture as one made in the ACEScg color space.

Once again, it is important to know how the texture was prepared and exported.

I hope that this answers your question.
    ​​

Comment

Thanks... this answer my question...

Comment

Working...
      X